Author Topic: Audio & Text Triggers - GTT Program  (Read 18106 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Audio & Text Triggers - GTT Program
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »

GamTextTriggers Program Information

GamTextTriggers is an overlay utility application which searches for phrases in your log, and when found will trigger a graphic or audio response. GamTextTriggers is similar to in game audio triggers, but the result can be a timer counting down, a line of text flashed up on screen, playing an audio file, or using text-to-speech to speak some text for you.

** GTT Features and Download can be found here.

Be Aware: GTT doesn't work unless EQ is running in windowed mode.

GTT Files & Usage

For events where I've provided .gtt setup files, they must be downloaded and saved, then imported.  This area details the general process.

Right-click the .gtt file link, and click "Save Link As", or "Save As" depending on browser / Operating System.  Remember where you save the file for importing later.  Load GTT, and use the Import feature to load in the .gtt file you just saved.  Change the three Player_Name patterns with your own character name.

Audio & Usage:

Slightly different then above.  Right-click, "Save Link As", or "Save As".  However, location matters for these to work properly by GTT.  You must save them to the sound directory/folder, where you have GamTextTriggers installed/residing.

Example, Standalone GTT: C:\GamTextTriggers_1_0_0_7_No_Installer\Sound Files

Where GamTextTriggers_1_0...etc, is where GTT resides, and the sub-folder is "Sound Files".  When saving, you'd go into the above GTT directory, click Sound Files, then "Save" the audio files there.

* Note:  Following a sound link (ie, left-clicking them), will in most causes load the sound file and play it.  This usually comes out in poor, or garbled quality, which doesn't represent the true quality of the .wav clip.  This is why you should right click, save as, and play the clip outside the browser.  Then judge whether you want to use it for your setup, or make your own.

You can create your own .wav clip by using AT&T Labs Natural Voices; Text-to-Speech Demo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:06:55 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Audio & Text Triggers - GTT Program
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:38 AM »
[movedhere] Upcoming Events & Strategy [move by] Furro.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »

A Confused Cat!

So, you're wondering why the cat is confused?  It's because this cat doesn't understand why some slackers are holding out not making the transition from in-game triggers to GTT.

Basically, those who are not setup properly, you're killing us, wiping our raid, and basically irritating me to the point where I'm about to lose my halfling cool. 

As you know, we're very forgiving of new raiders, and of misteps on emotes/reaction mechanics in play.  My issue isn't with anyone not putting forth the effort to improve.  It's individuals who fail to make any effort to setup GTT when asked repeatedly.  There's no excuse at this point to not be setup and using GTT.  Period.

Let me just cover some common excuses I hear:

Missing .NET Framework

This isn't even an excuse, it's piss poor reading comprehension as far as I'm concerned.  On the MAIN DOWNLOAD PAGE of GTT, the author clearly states in the very FIRST paragraph that his code depends on .NET framework.  He even goes as far as providing a direct .NET 2.0 link to download it from Microsoft.  It doesn't get any easier then that my friends.

A flavour of: "I like EQ Audio Triggers in game, that's why I don't use GTT".

Ok.  So these individuals are saying they like using a terrible/dated in-game Audio Trigger system, that's more difficult to use, and causes LAG.  In-game AT's are trash.  Stop using them!

GTT offers sizable/moveable text overlays, color pallets, countdown timer overlays, and the ability to import triggers.  The import option for triggers is by far the fastest, most reliable, and ease of use method to be setup in minutes.  Anyone who doesn't see this needs to have their head examined really.  It's a no brainer.  Get with the times.

EQ Windowed Mode Required for GTT

Yes, you have to run EQ in windows mode in order for the text overlays to function.  There's no real noticeable downside to EQ Windowed mode at this point.  So again, get with the times, and change! <shakes fists!>

Anyone not computer savy

This isn't even a valid excuse.

GTT is available as standalone or install versions.  Just cover the .NET framework dependency.  Have EQ running in windowed mode.  Point GTT to your characters log and you're set.

If anyone has any questions or issues, please post here, and I'll help.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:07:50 PM by Furro »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
An alternative to GTT is GINA, available here:

http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Default.aspx

At first I was hesitant, being a GTT user, but once I got used to it, I love it.  It can import/export GTT files, so can easily share with people who like GTT.  But it adds a nice dimension for boxers -- it can identify the character who got emoted, and display that or say that.  It also handles audio files easier (imo), because you can locate them where you want.  (Remember when importing GTTs to relocate the audio files.)

You can also group your triggers for organization purposes, and turn off groups of triggers, for one character, or for multiple characters.  It also does logic (see his examples), like posting when you nuke for 80k+.

Further, you can have multiple overlays, which means your timers can go in one spot on screen, the text in another, your crit notifications in other, etc.

I think the guy's done a pretty decent job of it, and it's worth a look.  Thanks to Renthor/Viric for first pointing it out.

UPDATE: They've recently added repeating timers.  This is perfect, for say, adds that spawn every 3 minutes in the Beasts' Domain raid:

http://eq.gimasoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38&p=232#p232

Cool eh, the guy responsible for the program actually responds to feature requests. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:12:56 PM by Ssark »

Tmon

• Slacker
  • Freelance Raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
Thank you Ssark.  At first glance, GINA appears to be a far superior program compared to GTT, especially when it comes to managing multiple characters and its organizational structure for managing the trigger library.  I have found at least one bug related to importing GTT libraries where the GINA display tree structure gets “out of whack”, but I can live with it for now.  I will try GINA on some upcoming raids.

Edit: After using this program on a few raids, I can attest to the fact that it has a vastly improved way to organize triggers and if you play multiple characters, this is defiantly the program for you.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:22:09 AM by Qmonium »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:02 PM »
Here is a complete list  of  AT for events PAST  and UPCOMING

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/raidwiki/index.php?title=AT/GTT

The only hard day was yesterday

Eggborn

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
I don't have a subfolder called sounds, but nor do I have stand alone.  I am new to GTT, but I just can't handle the sounds that people have given me.  Lordy, Lordy.

Can I just create a subfolder called sounds  somewhere, or do I need to reinstall the stand alone to get that folder to create my add my own sound files to these sad raid packages ones?

Thanks!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
I don't have a subfolder called sounds, but nor do I have stand alone.  I am new to GTT, but I just can't handle the sounds that people have given me.  Lordy, Lordy.

Can I just create a subfolder called sounds  somewhere, or do I need to reinstall the stand alone to get that folder to create my add my own sound files to these sad raid packages ones?

Thanks!

For each trigger sound you're not happy with, you can edit the trigger and use the text-to-speech box to fill in the voice/wording of your choice.  Or you can go to AT&T Text to Speech and create a .wav file in various voice formats (male or female of different origins).