General Public > Upcoming Events & Strategy

EoK - Temple of Droga - T1 - The Summoning of Droga

(1/3) > >>

Furro:
Temple of Droga - The Summoning of Droga

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Frontier MountainsNPC Name: Praetor GarlyNPC Location: TBA  Keyword to Enter:TBA

Flag & Key Requirements

Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul is not required for this event.

Zone Flag: NoneEvent Key: NoneGroup Mission: NoneEvent Flags: None  
* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Work in Progress (WIP) - Current strategy provided at time of raid.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

Everyone GINA File: eok-droga-the-summoning-of-droga-12-04-2016-243pm.gtp (added 12-04-2016 (2:43pm))

Includes:
- Event Started: The ceremony must not be interrupted! Droga shall rise and lead our armies to victory!
- Event Fail/Reset: The Incarnate Droga remains unengaged. You have failed.
- Boss - Points his axe at Soandso (first person) - Move away from the FRONT (<Battle Axe Swath>) -- this may be incorrect
- Boss - Summons Soandso and raises his axes high (first person) - Move away (2s to avoid <Bloody Rampage 1>, then 5s to avoid <Bloody Rampage 2>)
- Boss - Blood Splash AE - Move away (<Blood Splash>)
- Boss - Targets player - Blood Spit - Run away, get poison cured before returning (player gets <Blood Spit> DoT, anyone near also gets it) -- RED RING AROUND PLAYER
- Boss - Target player with 140k DD + hits others nearby - Run away (The Incarnate Droga craves Soandso's blood.)
- Priests - Mark player for sacrificial offering (1st person) - Corruption Cure before boss consumes (priest mark player <Sacrificial Offering>, boss later consumes <Consume Sacrifice>)
- Priests - Mark player for sacrificial offering (3rd person) - Corruption Cure before boss consumes (priest mark player <Sacrificial Offering>, boss later consumes <Consume Sacrifice>)
- Boss - Rebuild Counters - Stop Casting (including DoTs)
- Boss - Rebuild Failure - Used up all the counters - Boss healed

# Notes:
- left out the control blood (The Incarnate Droga begins to control and harden Soandso's blood!) one for now, need test/observations/reports
- left out boss blood frenzy (mitigation emote, <Crazed Defense>)
- left out weak ones... join me in the blood... emote (possible relation to control blood)
- left out some early lore emotes (possible relations to timers between event start, HP engage, Inarnation spawn, incarnation active/live).

GINA Issues?  Help Below:

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).

Furro:
Update - Triggers Added

12-03-2016: Took another run at this last night with around 40 in attendance.  Strong effort, got The Incarnate Droga to 38%!

Triggers added to strategy post.  Please import before attending raid.  Thanks.

Trigger Details:
- Event Started: The ceremony must not be interrupted! Droga shall rise and lead our armies to victory!
- Event Fail/Reset: The Incarnate Droga remains unengaged. You have failed.
- Boss - Points his axe at Soandso (first person) - Move away from the FRONT (<Battle Axe Swath>) -- this may be incorrect
- Boss - Summons Soandso and raises his axes high (first person) - Move away (2s to avoid <Bloody Rampage 1>, then 5s to avoid <Bloody Rampage 2>)
- Boss - Blood Splash AE - Move away (<Blood Splash>)
- Boss - Targets player - Blood Spit - Run away, get poison cured before returning (player gets <Blood Spit> DoT, anyone near also gets it) -- RED RING AROUND PLAYER
- Boss - Target player with 140k DD + hits others nearby - Run away (The Incarnate Droga craves Soandso's blood.)
- Priests - Mark player for sacrificial offering - Corruption Cure before boss consumes (priest mark player <Sacrificial Offering>, then boss later consumes <Consume Sacrifice>)

# Notes:
- left out the control blood (The Incarnate Droga begins to control and harden Soandso's blood!) one for now, need test/observations/reports
- left out boss blood frenzy (mitigation emote, <Crazed Defense>)
- left out weak ones... join me in the blood... emote (possible relation to control blood)
- left out some early lore emotes (possible relations to timers between event start, HP engage, Inarnation spawn, incarnation active/live).

Furro:
12-05-2016 - Quick Update

Good run at this last night with progressive improvement.  On our final attempt, we got boss to 6%.  Nice work everyone.

We'll stick with our working strat going forward, but tweak it as necessary.  There's still some outstanding emotes we need to flesh out, and based on last nights run, I think there's at least one emote that our trigger action is incorrect.  Hopefully future runs we'll be able to iron them out further.  Overall, we're amost there.  I'm confident as we acclimate to the event we'll pull through a win in the short term.

Strategy Adjusts

- Minisca is changing the golem CC position.  Punting them up the east tunnel wasn't working well due to the ramp/incline messing up the pathing.  He's looking at directing CC towards the scaffolding instead to avoid this issue.  Golems had a big impact on us last night, so if the above change improves the CC outcome, it'll be noticiable. -- Edited: 12/10-2016 - After attempting this change, we reverted back to our original East direction for CC efforts but also enlisted SKs to help drag the golems there to ensure they didn't end up in the main raid.

- Minisca is adjusting DPS burns.  But at the same time, we're seeing too many DPS die early into the event on the trash clear, which obviously affects them later.  As a reminder, melee DPS use max melee range, but we also need tanks to lock aggro more firmly on adds.  On the final attempt for example we had a handful of melee DPS die on the trash alone.  Out of the gate, two died in like 20s from engage on a trash adds.

- Since we made it past the 30% mark, we experienced the "rebuild" mechanic which seemed to occur around 15-20% HP.  The mechanic allows us 49 counters, and each cast on the boss has the potential to count towards that counter, dropping it by +1.  Once the counters reach zero, the boss heals approximately 2%.  This may not seem like much, but it has an impact, and therefore we are asking everyone to avoid spell casts (except for essentials such as debuffs) on the boss during this mechanic that cause the counter to lower.

- Everyone.  A healer reported that their group heals were not landing because players were too far away.  We don't want to group the raid all in one area due to emote mechanics.  So perhaps a solution is for each group have a little pow-wow during prep as to where your healer is going to be during the main stage (Incarnate boss).  If you find yourself not getting heals, keep this reason in mind, because it's very possible you're just out of range.

Rebuild Mechanic Trigger Additions

Two triggers added to the current package.

1) Boss - Rebuild Counters - Stop Casting (including DoTs).  When you cast a spell on the boss that uses a counter, this trigger fires letting you know.  It also provides an overlay with the remaining counters*.

2) Boss - Rebuild Failure - Used up all the counters - Boss healed.  Nice to know when we fail this mechanic.  The overlay from trigger 1 above will go away; if present, when this trigger fires.

*Note: There's no personal (first person) emote when you cast a spell that uses a counter for this mechanic, only a public emote.  Therefore, we cannot make an overlay that displays the counters remaining as players use them up and create a trigger that will still fire when your cast uses a counter.  GINA only fires a trigger of this nature on the first match.

Trigger Update & Addition - Sacrificial Offering

An oversight on this trigger.  Apparently there is a first person emote, and I made the trigger based on 3rd person, so it wasn't firing. <blush>, sorry!

Added a 1st person trigger, updated the 3rd person trigger to produce an overlay of each player targeted and that they need a corruption cure.  Obviously some players can self cure, but it wouldn't hurt to cure them anyway really.  I found myself in a death loop at one point when I couldn't get corruption cure off in time before an unrelated event AE hit me and killed me.  So if you have time and can sneak in that cure for those who can self cure, have at it imo.

For players who cannot self corruption cure, making a hotkey asking politely for a cure in group would be ideal, or via /tell perhaps.  We do try our best to put a curer in each group.

Trigs:
- Priests - Mark player for sacrificial offering (1st person) - Corruption Cure before boss consumes
- Priests - Mark player for sacrificial offering (3rd person) - Corruption Cure before boss consumes

That's all for now.  We hope to see everyone at next weeks raids!  Have a safe week.
-F

Furro:
Friday, December 9, 2016

The Summoning of Droga defeated, and Achievement Life for the Lofty!  Nice work everyone!  We had 45 in attendance for the win, which added to the challenge, but overall everyone was focused and in good form.

Strategy post will be updated before our next run.

Thanks all who were able to attend.  Hope to see everyone at our next raid.  Bring your friends and enemies, we have room!

Raccoo:
Sacrificial Offering is one of the things I have the toughest time with. Might suggest whoever gets this put up Runes/Geomantra. My first instinct is to heal, when that doesn't work I'll start curing, but I've already wasted time.

It has 40 corruption counters.
Druids, Clerics and Paladins have several spells that will cure this in one cast.
Shaman have to use 2 casts of their group Kromtus to cure.

I would suggest a safe place to run to to get cured away from the priests. Having area targetted Paladin splash or even having the cleric Ward of Purity XIV to cure 1 counter of corruption a tick, might be enough to remove the debuff with 1 casting of Kromtus.

I believe this debuff is only cast during the priests phases. Meleers are running after the priests, getting hit with the debuff, and possibly dying to AE or reposites since they have capped life.

Here are some damaging pieces from my logs.

12/22/16 10:09:39 PM   The blood pool saps your life energy.  You have taken 24715 points of damage.
12/22/16 10:09:42 PM   The blood pool saps your life energy.  You have taken 24715 points of damage.
12/22/16 10:09:45 PM   The blood pool saps your life energy.  You have taken 24715 points of damage.
 --- This one is probably me from being in the center with the meleers. Seem to be taking damage even though I'm levitating?

12/22/16 09:33:32 PM   You are consumed.  You have taken 1260000 points of damage. --- Failed emote?

12/22/16 09:37:09 PM    your blood is drawn to the pool.  You have taken 89127 points of damage.

12/22/16 09:37:43 PM   A bone pierces your throat.  You have taken 126000 points of damage.

12/22/16 09:38:18 PM   Your limb is hacked.  You have taken 101769 points of damage.

12/22/16 10:05:05 PM   You are covered in blood.  You have taken 109038 points of damage.

12/22/16 10:18:04 PM   You have taken 64090 damage from Blood Spit by The Incarnate Droga

12/22/16 10:20:17 PM   You are consumed.  You have taken 1260000 points of damage. --- Failed emote? Failed curing?

12/22/16 09:26:57 PM   You are slashed.  You have taken 17446 points of damage. --- Getting this fairly regularly, I was meleeing, procing Lion's roar. Checking log to see if that was causing this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version