Author Topic: Shaman guides (LS)  (Read 49009 times)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Shaman guides (LS)
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:26:52 AM »
TL DR: SPLASH HEALS. EPIC CLICKS.

Always be casting.
You have tools to do a lot of things, you have near limitless mana recuperation capabilities, you should never be idle during an event.
You should place high priority on getting your epic 2.0. It is the best adps we can give our melee groups.
You should place high priority on getting your rez clicky (Staff of Forbidden Rites). It is infinitely better than using Call of the Wild to revive players.

Extended Target Window

Scanning your Extended Target Window is very important, with a life saving snappy heal, rez, call, buff etc you can make a difference. Suggested setup below (again, there are other UI walkthroughs on these forums to help you with this UI setup, see: http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=7074.0).

Recommended ETW setup:
  • First slot for MA target (/xtar set 1 raidassist1target)
  • Next few slots for tank group clerics, other critical healers, essential DPS/MA or event specific players.
  • Remaining slots for Main and Add Tanks

Self Survival

Prebuff yourself with Attentive Spirit (Level 112 COV) and Preincarnation (Level 80 SOF)
You can use the Preincarnation AA under Archetype IF you have any of the ranks of Preincarnation scribed. (see self rebuff hotkey for alt activation code).

Keep your Spirit of Renewal on yourself and group constantly, as well as Ecliptic Roar, and use your Spiritual Shower & Recourse liberally. I frequently target myself with Spiritual Shower because there is no worry of not having line of sight with target.

AE Healing

Spiritual Showering
You should be casting this alot.

This is a great spell for helping to keep meleers/tanks alive. You need line of sight of your target to cast. You can target MA, mob, MTO, a group member, yourself, your pet, or a corpse. You always have LOS with yourself though, so it is the best bet for landing a splash.

Gelid Gift
Gives your next two heals twincasts.
I mostly use this with Spiritual Shower to boost its healing power. Instead of 3 splashes, you will get 6 splashes from Spiritual Shower.
This is changed on Test as of 2024/02/13, no longer will you be able to twincast rain heals.

Ancient Coalition
   Forms an ancient alliance over your target, placing a healing rain over them when other Shaman, Cleric, or Druid heals (between levels 106 and 125, with a minimum healing value of 6000) land on that target for up to 2m (20 Ticks). If 120 heals are received in that time, it will trigger a fulmination consisting of an even larger healing rain.

Should definitely be kept up on MTO.
    Once every 1.5 seconds a direct heal of at least 6k base from Druids/Clerics/Shaman will proc a 14k AE Heal from the tank.
    The spell procs the same AE heal when it is initially cast on the target. This requires line of sight with your target.
    If another priest casts a higher rank than is already buffed, their's will overwrite. Rk II will overwrite Rk I. III will overwrite both II and I.
    Spiritual Shower doesn't work to proc the AE heals, or lower the 120 counter.
    ●   Trigger for Priest Alliance worn off

Call of the Ancients
Lasts for 5 minutes, AE heals 8.5k for everyone in range of your ward. Druids and Clerics have similar wards that stack with each other

Main Healing

I use 2-4 of the Reckless line spells (Reckless Resurgence, Reckless Renewal, Reckless Rejuvenation, Reckless Reinvigoration) along with Spiritual Shower.

Never never never use the single target direct mending heals (ie Matlock's Mending).
Their casting time is much slower than the Reckless line. Reckless line is also more HP healed.

Using a multibind to cast spells quicker.
Spiritual Shower, Reckless, Reckless on the hotbar in that order.
Pressing E repeatedly to spam splash, and spam 2 more heals on the MT.
If someone asks for a buff/rez/call, during spamming, I find it best to switch and cast right after the Spiritual Squal cast, so there are a couple more heals hitting while I'm casting something else.

Group Healing

Spirit of Renewal
Maintain this HoT on your group during tough events (especially if there are AEs). It can be twincast with Fleeting Spirit.
With Luminary's Synergy this has a chance to add even more healing to your group, giving us even more incentive to keep this up during raids.

Ecliptic Roar
This HoT stacks with your Renewal line, but is on the same spellslot as regen, so it overwrites regen and is BLOCKED by quite a few DoTs from older raid mobs.

__________'s Recourse
Quick group heal with recourse heal. Use this one first for saving group members. Can cycle cast of this if many AEs are coming, it has several stages of healing, almost like a HOT.

__________ Intervention
Quicker group heal with longer refresh.

Soothsayer's Intervention
AA that casts the spell Intervention. Has longer refresh but is instant cast.

Forceful Rejuvenation
Save this for when your group heals are down and you need them immediately.

Shaman chest clicky
Clicky group heal with 10 minute refresh. Every Shaman chest in the past few expansions has the same function, with more recent having better heals.

Ancestral Guardian Spirit
This AA gives a buff on target, that casts a big HoT when they go under 50% health. Cast this on Berzerkers, Rogues, or others who like to take dirtnaps often.

Small Manisi Branch
This item is the reward for The Foretold Hour achievement. It gives you an item that priests can convert into an item with direct heal for 40-80k, mana-free every 2 minutes.

Apothic Dragon Spine Hammer or Jeweled Apothic Dragon Spine Hammer
The clicky is on the same timer as the Manisi Branch.
The regular hammer gives the same 40k heal, and the Jeweled upgrade gives 50k base, both of which can crit.
This item is the reward for a quest that begins in Veeshan's Peak. It can be upgraded to Jeweled with a Flawless Diamond from a ROS raid chest.

Battle Rez

It is essential to know when, who, and with what to battle rez.

First, I send out rezzes right after doing a splash heal, or group heal to help keep my group/immediate players alive while casting something other than a heal.

Who to rez first.
The next decision is who gets priority if more than 1 person is dead. Other healers, especially those you know will help rez/heal others and won't just die as soon as they are rezzed. Next tanks if there are untanked mobs and again, go with the tank that has the best survival rate. Other essential players if needed for a specific task on the raid would come next, or maybe before tanks if the mobs are all tanked. Then I rez players in my group, based on survival and whether they will take a rez quickly.

I also have a gina trigger that alerts when someone nearby is slain. (Has been slain)

What to use.
When rezzing in, it is best to use Staff of Forbidden Rites. If you don't have one. Get one. If you need help unlocking it, ask people. It is worth bugging people endlessly to get it unlocked, and you can now buy the Brews with Overseer Tetras. Once you have this you can save raids like crazy with battle rezzes. Call of the Wild is a secondary rez ability, but not nearly as powerful as the Staff clicky. I use CotW mainly on classes that have trouble regaining mana (druids/rangers/beastlords/bards) because they usually gain a small amount.

Make a hotkey.
I posted the hotkey I use. I suggest everyone use the same hotkeys so that people being rezzed know that the rez is incoming, and don't zone, and also other priests around the corpse know that they can divert rezzes to other players if needed.

Staff of Forbidden Rites
Casting time 1.0. Recast time 30 seconds.
90% rez. This can be used in combat, during raid events. Quicker casting and recast time than Call of the Wild.
This is the second most important item for shaman after epic 2.0.

Call of the Wild
Casting time 3.0. Recast time 2 minutes.
This is a rez-like ability to return players to their corpses. This can be used in combat, during raid events.
I would highly recommend not using this if you can help it.
It does have a possible benefit, people who are called will retain the mana/endurance they have at the time they are called. So if someone went to bind and medded up, they could come back into the fight with their mana.

Rejuvenation of Spirit
96% rez. This cannot be used during combat. Have to wait 5 minutes after raid combat to use. It's useless for battle rezzes.

Assist DPS

It is important that you note where your group members are, so they receive your ADPS. I usually keep my map sized down so I can see where my group members are for this reason.

• Our most important ADPS, click often unless holding for big burn
  • Increase Critical Damage by 110% with All Skills
  • Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 65% with All Skills
  • Three minute refresh
  • Pair with bard's epic for best results
  • Hotkey has Spirit of Cheetah, in case anyone needs runspeed.
  • Epic trigger

Shaman Spire

All three spires are now combined into one. Make sure you update the alt activation code (it has changed to /alt act 1490)
You will get a Spire (self buff), and you and your group will get the Apex (group buff) as well.

Spire of Ancestors XII (Self only)
  • Increases total healing of all your instant-duration spells and abilities by 4000 points.
  • Increases the chance that your damage over time spells will deal critical damage by 30%.
Apex of Ancestors IV (Group)
  • Increase Proc Modifier by 25%
  • Increase Accuracy by 60%
  • Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 45%
  • Use on burn call. Pair with Ancestral Aid MGB/TB.

Ancestral Aid
            24K Heal over time.
Instant cast. This stacks with Spirit of Renewal, Epic, Ecliptic Roar, etc. Hit Tranquil Blessings before engage, and try to space them out, coordinate with other shaman.
Also make a hotkey for MGB + Ancestral Aid for a second click when it repops.

Coordinating Ancestral Aid

It seems to work best if you have one shaman coordinating the timing of Ancestral Aid clicks. I've made buttons for each shaman in the lineup so I can click and send them a tell letting them know it is time for their AA, and also tells the channel who is up.

Ecliptic Roar
Permanent spell slot for this one, keep recasting whenever it refreshes for a powerful melee proc and group HoT.
Don't ever mem Talisman of the Manul. Better yet, don't buy the spell.

There is two things to consider when determining whether to use Composite or Ecliptic. 1, is your Composite equal or greater in power than your Ecliptic? If it is equal or greater then you'll want to stick with Composite, because Ecliptic costs more mana.
The second thing to consider is whether you chestplate focus increases the duration of your Composite. Currently only NoS chestplates extend Ecliptic for shaman.

Union of Spirits
This is instant cast, and you can accidentally hit mobs with it (although it doesn't help them). I use this mainly on Rogues/Monks, since it was pointed out Berserkers will be most likely to be capped out on h-dex for critical percent chance.

Group Pact of the Wolf
This is now an aura. Just be sure to click your self Pact of Wolf after you're rezzed (the self Pact will now cast both self and group aura).

DPS
Fleeting Spirit
Twin cast your DoTs on burns. It has 21 charges, and lasts 3 minutes. If a ranger in your group is using their Scarlet Cheetah, you can save it, or try to work around.

DoTs
On adds load up Malediction, Fandrel's, and Caustic Blood. On Main boss load up all your dots and refresh when necessary.

Short duration dots
Namdrow's Venom/Cruor's Malady
Don't use these, they are no longer any good when you have Enhanced Pestilence AAs.

Personal Tribute
-Twinge of Pain - Spell haste for dots by 33% (better than the best raid focus (23%)).
-Visions of Suffering - Reduces mana cost on dots/debuffs by up to 23% (better than the best raid focus (up to 22%))
-Second Chance - Works like touch of the divine (DI + DA)
-Body of the Hero - +26 heroic stamana
-Strength of Body - +650 HP

Potions
Restless Focus (procs)
Tonic of Efficiency/Standard of Power (empowered banner/campfire) (1 extra tick on dots)
Crystal Mana Tonic (mana saving) (also don't need if you have empowered banner/campfire).

Shaman DPS/Damage
Quote from: Brogh
First Spire & 7th vet are both plain crit rate increases

base crit rate for shm is 56%
1st is +30%
7th is +50%
Auspice of the Hunters is +33%
Spirit of Vesagran (brd epic) +12%
Fierce Eye (brd AA) or Illusions of Grandeur (enc AA, doesn't stack with FE) +12%

If Auspice and any of brd epic / FE / IoG are up, then you're already full crit rate, both self boosts are useless overkill.

If you have 7th available, pretty sure you want to save that for when your Nectar proliferates alongside the regular dots.

Recommend getting this useful FD clicky Vermillion Sky Ring and make a few FD potions

Languid Bite
You should disable this on raids where mobs need to be mezzed.

Nukes
Weak DPS option. Don't recommend. Dots are the big DPS.

Melee
If we aren't moving around much, and group members aren't dying, I'll melee to proc Ecliptic Roar. I recommend being in a form of Ogre/Troll/Barbarian that has the autoskill Slam, because you can proc the rogue & ranger synergies also.

Rabid Bear
Increases your double attack, attack, adds a self HoT, procs a decent DD, and also procs a rune on you and your group members (which also heals the group when it procs).

Pets
Turn taunt OFF. I always start with a pet at the beginning of the event to get extra dps. But I don't bother re-summoning dogdog if he dies during the event.

Pack of the Black Fang (self buff)
Don't use this on raids, it does minimal DPS and lags out raids and makes it harder to use real burns.

Other hotkeys

Call of the Wild
Staff of Forbidden Rites
90% clicker hotkey
Cheetah + Invis hotkey
Rebuff hotkey
Pet resummon
1. Mems spell set for summoning pet, and hasting pet
2. Cast pet spell
3. Curious Companion Compactor (pet shrink)
4. Pet haste
DPS Glyph hotkey

Item Priority
Staff of Forbidden Rites
Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye
Apothic Dragon Spine Hammer
Valla's Unyielding Bravery
Shield of Immaculate Light
Venenium
Steamjet Pack
Vermillion Sky Ring
Miniature Horn of Unity
Unified Phoenix Feather
Rod of Dark Rites
Skull of Null
DA clickies
Clockwork Automation or Holgresh beads
IVU ear
Drunkard Stein, Zueria Slide, Wishing Lamp, Primary/Secondary Anchors
Ring of Immobilization or Defender of the Ancestral Spirit
Book of Bad Poetry
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 06:26:58 AM by Raccoo »

Lisard MNK

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Shaman guides
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »
Dont forget to MGB ancestral aid =D pair it with 3rd spire

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:22:27 PM »
Dont forget to MGB ancestral aid =D pair it with 3rd spire

Better yet, hit tranq blessing before start for first cast then mgb later.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Recommended to make two triggers for Epic as well.  One trigger for when Bard clicks epic so you know to click yours as well.  And a trigger for when epic becomes available to reclick (timer).

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:47:37 PM »
I have 2 triggers for epic. First for when bard clicks epic, second for when my epic lands (in case I click and it gets interrupted), and for when my epic is about to run out (for if there are two shaman in group and you are the second clicker). I changed the second to 3 minute timer and made it so it will tell me when it fades.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:02:51 PM by Raccoo »

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »
I have 2 triggers for epic. First for when bard clicks epic, second for when my epic lands (in case I click and it gets interrupted), and for when my epic is about to run out (for if there are two shaman in group and you are the second clicker). I changed the second to 3 minute timer and made it so it will tell me when it fades.

No trigger for when it's back up?

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »
That's the last trigger I added. It fires when the 3 minutes are over. Sorry for not clarifying.

12-29-2015: Updated epic trigger.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:38:22 PM by Raccoo »

Toransa

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »
I  use   the   same     spell set  as  you   Raccoo,  little   different  order   but   same   spells    line  up.  Thinking   dropping  my  105  mending  spell  as to  take  to  long  to cast  and  find  only  really  use  it heal  self  as   other    2  heals  can't  heal  self.  At   start   on   event    hit   TB  and   astcerial aid  on  inc. As  far   as  epic   I  hit  asap  on  inc  and   asap  when  resets. I  find  myself   rebuffing as  needed,  as   I  keep  tank  and    SK  up  in  ET  window  and  try  to   keep   them   rebuffed  asap.  I  try   to  have  them  rebuff  before  they  send  tells for  buffs. what  I   like    to  know   is   how  to increase   my  splashes,  as  you   have    highest   rate  of  casts.  I  find  I   am   chain  casting   spells  and    don't  see   how  i  can   cast   any  faster. 

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
You can now (since last patch) heal yourself with Reckless spells.

Highest rate of casting splash heals? I don't know, I just hit it whenever it is available (except for on Anashti of life raid).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:54:55 AM by Raccoo »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 07:25:48 AM »
Something I was just wondering about, on some events like Grannus, when the raid is spread out, should we try to split our splashes to certain areas to cover everyone better? Need to check on the range. Healing wards can be targeted to cast swell on. Which makes me wonder if the totems in Stem the Tide are also.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:41:54 PM by Raccoo »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
EOK shaman update
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
EOK AAs

Luminary's Synergy
   This passive ability allows your Shear of Renewal spell to trigger a blessing on your party that will increase the power of the next three healing spells that land on them by 9000 points for up to 12 seconds.  Ranks 1-10 increase the chance to trigger this blessing by 10% per rank.

This works well in combination with Spiritual Swell, makes them crit for up to 83k.

Also note Shear of Renewal now stacks with Cleric's Celestial Regeneration (YAY)!!

EOK Spells

Spirit of Tala'Tak (level 74)
    Nice upgrade for Bih`li.

Responsive Spirit (level 101)
    This self buff procs a group heal and group cures when you are hit with direct damage AEs. (they took out the minor curing)

Ancient Alliance (level 103)
   Forms an ancient alliance over your target, placing a healing rain over them when other Shaman, Cleric, or Druid heals (between levels 96 and 110, with a minimum healing value of 5000) land on that target for up to 2m (20 Ticks). If 120 heals are received in that time, it will trigger a fulmination consisting of an even larger healing rain.
   This procs a AE heal (of approximately 9-10k) upon landing on target also.
    Spiritual Swelling doesn't work to proc the AE heals, or lower the 120 counter.

Chaotic Venom (level 104)
    This quick casting spell casts 2 poison dots, and can possibly proc 1 or 2 poison nukes. I noticed that Reefmaw's Bite (one of the nukes) will get locked out when this spell procs Reefmaw (it probably does the same for the other poison nuke, and possibly the two dots if you have them memmed also).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:39:28 PM by Raccoo »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Shaman guides - DOT upgrades post-nerf, and nerfed again
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »
From what I see, we can stack 7 dots (not counting languid/feral bite/etc).

Long duration

Garugaru
27183 damage per tick for 13974 mana
17141 damage per tick for 11594 mana
9458 damage per tick for 8996 mana

Reef Crawler Blood
23919 damage per tick for 19934 mana
10901 damage per tick for 9750 mana
8967 damage per tick for 8885 mana

Sraskus' Curse
20117 damage per tick for 11392 mana
15237 damage per tick for 14081 mana
9583 damage per tick for 11468 mana

Nectar of Woe
14092 damage per tick for 15233 mana
12658 damage per tick for 15812 mana
6565 damage per tick for 14716 mana

Breath of Hemocoraxius
14024 damage per tick for 12915 mana
10099 damage per tick for 10853 mana
6984 damage per tick for 9844 mana

Livio's Affliction
9305 damage per tick for 15732 mana
8329 damage per tick for 16145 mana
3238  damage per tick for 11972 mana

Spirespine's Pandemic
8169 damage per tick for 8932 mana
6824 damage per tick for 7860 mana
5429  damage per tick for 7058 mana

Short duration/Fast/Quick dots

Serpentil's Venom
23919 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 3795 mana.
10901 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 1952 mana.
8967 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 1779 mana. Doesn't stack with Reef Crawler Blood

Sephry's Malady
13749 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 2231 mana.
10099 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 1753 mana.
6984 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 1315 mana.  Doesn't stack with Breath of Hemocoraxius.

Stinger/doom

Nectar of Woe will auto cast Vengence of Woe when it wears off.
20856 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
18734 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
6565  damage per tick for 24 seconds.

Livio's Affliction will auto cast Livio's Malady when it wears off.
15632 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
13992 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
9900  damage per tick for 24 seconds.

Combination spells

These spells speed up ramp up time at cost of mana. They also help save on spellgem slots. The downside is they use up an extra buff slot for the initial cast, and if buff locked, the mob may not get any real dot cast on it.

Livio's Malosinia
Do you want to spend a lot more mana for a dot that casts slower and adds malosinia? Me neither.

Hemocoraxius's Pandemic
Triggers the highest ranks you know of Breath of Hemocoraxius and Spirespine's Pandemic on your target. (I believe this also will add 200 mana to the cost of the combined spells).

Chaotic Venom
Casts the highest rank you know of Reef Crawler Blood and Nectar of Woe on your target, with an additional 10-20% chance to cast the best rank you know of Reefmaw's Bite and 10-20% chance to cast the best rank you know of Serisaria's Spear of Venom. (again, I believe it adds mana cost in addition to what each spell costs to cast, so you won't get all this for the 587 mana it says).
...just realized that using this spell with Ranger's Scarlet Cheetah might use up twincasts on the nukes. Will have to test this.

I'm still working out how Gift of Mana works with combined spells like this. I think it uses up the charge on the small addition, but I need to further test this, and also see if GoM can proc off one spell and hit the next spell on the same combo.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:48:08 PM by Raccoo »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »
Shaman DPS/Damage
Quote from: Brogh
First Spire & 7th vet are both plain crit rate increases

base crit rate for shm is 56%
1st is +30%
7th is +50%
Auspice of the Hunters is +33%
Spirit of Vesagran (brd epic) +12%
Fierce Eye (brd AA) or Illusions of Grandeur (enc AA, doesn't stack with FE) +12%

If Auspice and any of brd epic / FE / IoG are up, then you're already full crit rate, both self boosts are useless overkill.

If you have 7th available, pretty sure you want to save that for when your Nectar & Affliction "stingers" are running alongside the regular dots. likely auspices will have run out by then
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:55:46 AM by Raccoo »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »
Raccoo wrote  I hit Silent Casting, Fleeting Spirit, and I have a hotkey that hits First Spire, Focus Arcanum and Glyph.

can we get a pic of this hotkey
The only hard day was yesterday

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
I added the image of the macro. It is still WIP. It sometimes doesn't work, but it might be because of my hotkey to shut down macros when I backup.