Author Topic: Shaman guides (LS)  (Read 49010 times)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Shaman guides - ROS DoTs Post-nerf
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 05:33:57 AM »
Long duration

Jinx
28348 damage per tick for 18992 mana
12773  damage per tick for 13253 mana

Scorpikis Blood
18029 damage per tick for 15971 mana
12357 damage per tick for 13459 mana

Erogo's Curse
25199 damage per tick for 23065 mana
13735  damage per tick for 17294 mana

Nectar of Suffering
20933 damage per tick for 25900 mana
9778  damage per tick for 21826 mana

Breath of Elkikatar
16547 damage per tick for 17779 mana
10248 damage per tick for 15758 mana

Rirwech's Affliction
13775 damage per tick for 26447 mana
4640  damage per tick for 17990 mana

Vermistipus's Pandemic
11106 damage per tick for 12875 mana
7934 damage per tick for 11049 mana

Short duration/Fast/Quick dots

Mawmun's Venom
18029 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 3198 mana.
12357 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 2695 mana. Doesn't stack with _________ Blood

Hoshkar's Malady
16547 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 2872 mana.
10248 damage per tick for 3 ticks for 2010 mana. Doesn't stack with Breath of ___________.

Stinger/doom

Nectar of Suffering will auto cast Vengence of Suffering when it wears off.
30981 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
15048 damage per tick for 24 seconds.

Rirwech's Affliction will auto cast Rirwech's Malady when it wears off.
23139 damage per tick for 24 seconds.
14190 damage per tick for 24 seconds.

Combination spells

These spells speed up ramp up time at cost of mana. They use less spellgem slots. However, they use up an extra buff slot for the initial cast, and if buff locked, the mob may not get any real dot cast on it. It is not possible to use Gift of Mana procs to save mana on combo spells because the Gift will be used on the initial cost, which is minor. It is possible a random Gift of Mana will save you some mana if it is caused by the initial proc firing.
They didn't continue the two combo dot spells for poison and disease with the TOV expansion. They may continue it next expansion hopefully.

Rirwech's Malosinata
Casts slower than regular Rirwech's, costs more mana, but it does add Malosinata, which can increase magic damage 2% to 10% (Before Crit).

Dot type 3 augs add damage to the entire spell. Formula to figure out how much damage per tick.
Damage of aug divided by (base ticks minus 1)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:40:57 PM by Raccoo »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Shaman guides
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
Pretty sure I thanked you at the time for posting this guide Raccoo, but it must have been in-game, because I don't see my reply in the thread.  Either way, if I didn't, thanks for posting it, and for keeping it current to the most recent expansion (RoS). :)

The guide is nicely laid out and easy to follow.

Team Shaman is sometimes short a few members, while other nights, we have a shaman convention going on in the raid -- I'm sure our tanks don't mind having a Shaman in group though! :D

The Shaman class is in a really good spot, and has been for a long time now.  They have a powerhouse of abilities to both provide ADPS, DPS and most importantly, healing.  As much as we push DPS performance, even from Shaman, we should always remember healing is a priority (as it is with Druids, and Clerics).  But having said that, it's good to see Shaman sneaking in their DPS to help out as well (as Druids/Clerics do also). :)

It'd be nice if everyone in Team Shaman would keep current with this thread (if not already), and feel free to contribute feedback/thoughts.  Others viewing the thread from abroad are welcome to contribute too!

Later! :)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 11:40:29 PM »
You're welcome, Furro! I want to keep helping FL and other shaman in EQ so I'll keep this updated whenever I can. :)

gimp_ranger

• Slacker
  • AKA Mulila, I lost mulila's settings
    • View Profile
frostbitten gift
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 11:18:15 PM »
I was just wondering Why don't u have frostbitten gift memmed, It does a twincast on the next heal spell, and I have noticed it works (or at least i think it does) on spiritual swell.

just a thought to help heal better
Nothing is Impossible, just highly IMPROBABLE

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
That is what I have as "Gift" in most of the spellsets #13 slot. I just shortened it because the ROS version and the previous versions all had that name in common. In truth, you can use one of the older versions for the twincast just as well. If you are main healing it might even be fun to use 2 different Gifts to cast between heals to twincast all of the Reckless + Swells.

Syylke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »
Solid guide. My only correction is that Call of the Wild does not give Revival Sickness, it gives Resurrection Sickness. Because of this, it can be preferable over a more normal rez because it also gives the person ~10% Mana/End (this can be especially useful for Bards).

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 06:20:31 AM »
Hmm, seems as though it is true that neither rez nor calling gives Revival Sickness. I thought I tested this and at the time it did, but it may have just been I noticed with Call of the Wild people would get some of their mana/endurance back.

Upon testing, when you are called back to your corpse you could possible retain your mana/endurance.  I lost all mana when I regened up to 100% before calling. At 67% mana I retained 67% mana when called. It might be just that if the same person calls you twice you lose all mana, I tried again at 66% and lost it all.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 04:24:16 AM »
Added information about Battle rezzing.

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 10:49:02 AM »
Dont forget to MGB ancestral aid =D pair it with 3rd spire

having troubles setting up hotkey for this, can give example
The only hard day was yesterday

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 03:46:15 PM »
Those are on slightly different timers.  Also another shaman may have used their AA, when you want to use your Third spire. For those reasons I don't have them on the same hotkey.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Shaman guides (TOV)
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
Updated for TOV.

Shaman be sure to update your /alt activation for Spire if you have a hotkey (1492 no longer works, use 1490!)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Shaman - Drusella's Vault DPS
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 05:26:41 PM »
Shaman should use 3 or 4 of their Gift cold nukes, Wintry Gift, Frostbitten Gift, Glacial Gift, Frigid Gift. These cold nukes normally are crappy dps but with bane damage become awesome, as per Toransa's DPS parse last night (and he was only using 2 of the nukes!).

Target Beastlords if there are any, since they should be on the goos so that your nukes hit the goos. If there aren't any beastlords you can use your own pet or if you know some other class/person that is dedicated to the goos.

You can splash between some of the nukes to help heal the beastlord and pets that are on the goos. Also give your pet some cold proc pet toys to help out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 06:25:43 PM by Raccoo »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 05:26:49 AM »
I am having troubles with VP and AE vp, can u suggest or take a pic of your AE and VP hotkeys
The only hard day was yesterday

Szilent

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 05:17:37 AM »
I am having troubles with VP and AE vp, can u suggest or take a pic of your AE and VP hotkeys

You're working on Mearatas buttons, Ramelorm?

Finish casting your Gift+Squall combo, then hit [Esc] button to clear your target before tapping bane buttons. If Gift+Squall is up, do that, then go back to tappy-tappy-tapping bane buttons:

/tar a_wave_mephit0
/cast # (Shackle spell)
/alt activate 171 (Virulent Paralysis AA)
/useitem Ring of Immobilization

/tar a_flame_mephit0
/pause 3,/alt activate 3729 (Turgur's Swarm AA)
/alt activate 856 (Turgur's Virulent Swarm AA)
/useitem Time's Antithesis

If there's no mephits to target, the buttons will work Just Fine for sentinels too, once you've targeted them yourself. I don't think we have shaman playing with those now, though?

The AE root AA is directional, so you only use that if your character is faced toward the Wave Mephit (hopefully more than one, but whatever). Can't just spam it out there, not productively.

Szilent

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2020, 09:55:33 AM »

Union of Spirits (blocked by Ancestral Aid)
Increase HP when cast by 60000
Increase Hitpoints v2 by 32000 per tick
Increase STR/AGI/DEX Cap by 480
Increase STR/AGI/DEX by 480

This is instant cast, and you can accidentally hit mobs with it (although it doesn't help them). I use this mainly on Berzerkers/Rogues. Not sure which class benefit the most from the stats increase.

Rogue / Monk. Any berserker good enough to consider buffing will already be crit capped. Rog/mnk benefit "less" point by point, but they they're not capped yet soooo