General Public > Upcoming Events & Strategy

RoF - Kael - The Madness of King Tormax

<< < (2/3) > >>

feroxide:

--- Quote from: Furro on January 15, 2013, 05:26:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: feroxide on January 15, 2013, 04:12:03 AM ---HOwdy,

Just a quick comment... we need make sure that the king and dain are always slowed.. we are low on heals, especially when we have both the dina and the dragon up.. The times when the king broke free in the first and in the second attempt both where when he was not slowed.. I think that whoevere is tanking the king (and the dain when both nameds are up) should announce to raid when there is only 1 min left on slow (30seconds worst case) this should ensure that one of the slowers can drop a new one on the mob before it expires..

I honestly think that our second attempt may have been sucessful if the dain and king remained slwoed.. unfortunatly my shamy went down shortly after the dragon & dain combo poped (due to my stuff up) which meant i was not able to keep checking mobs for slow and reslowing them. I think announcing the expiery of slow will ensure that one slower going down does not result in a mob being unslowed.

Im my opionion the priority should be 1) keep mobs slowed, 1.1) keep tanks healed (both very high but 1.1 is alot easier with 1 done!) and 2 DPSing the dragon to death (when both dain and dragon up).

--- End quote ---

Each MT checking and announcing slow is about to expire is feasible.  The best place to announce would be FLRaids or /ooc though.  I prefer to avoid /rs for those types of messages, as with events where we do multiple MA calls, instructions, and cardinal calls, it would just add to the noise and potentially be overlooked. 

I'll make note of the above for future runs, and in addition double check our Debuff Assignments for this specific event, to ensure we are covering slow properly (for multi-boss encounters, normally more than one person is covering it). 

Thanks for the observations Feroxide.

See ya in game,
Furro

--- End quote ---

OOC would be good! everyone sees that!... Just a couple of other little things cam worked out on the second dain tanking round... Shield and fist for tank and ramp tank (unequip weapons) so he does not go in to banish stange while everyone is killing the dragon - it may also be worth casting voice of thule on the tank to increase the hate'n.... worked well last week, cam was able to keep aggro, until the king came to visit... (also adjusted my personal strategy to avoid pile's stuff up this week)

Furro:

--- Quote from: feroxide on January 15, 2013, 05:49:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Furro on January 15, 2013, 05:26:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: feroxide on January 15, 2013, 04:12:03 AM ---HOwdy,

Just a quick comment... we need make sure that the king and dain are always slowed.. we are low on heals, especially when we have both the dina and the dragon up.. The times when the king broke free in the first and in the second attempt both where when he was not slowed.. I think that whoevere is tanking the king (and the dain when both nameds are up) should announce to raid when there is only 1 min left on slow (30seconds worst case) this should ensure that one of the slowers can drop a new one on the mob before it expires..

I honestly think that our second attempt may have been sucessful if the dain and king remained slwoed.. unfortunatly my shamy went down shortly after the dragon & dain combo poped (due to my stuff up) which meant i was not able to keep checking mobs for slow and reslowing them. I think announcing the expiery of slow will ensure that one slower going down does not result in a mob being unslowed.

Im my opionion the priority should be 1) keep mobs slowed, 1.1) keep tanks healed (both very high but 1.1 is alot easier with 1 done!) and 2 DPSing the dragon to death (when both dain and dragon up).

--- End quote ---

Each MT checking and announcing slow is about to expire is feasible.  The best place to announce would be FLRaids or /ooc though.  I prefer to avoid /rs for those types of messages, as with events where we do multiple MA calls, instructions, and cardinal calls, it would just add to the noise and potentially be overlooked. 

I'll make note of the above for future runs, and in addition double check our Debuff Assignments for this specific event, to ensure we are covering slow properly (for multi-boss encounters, normally more than one person is covering it). 

Thanks for the observations Feroxide.

See ya in game,
Furro

--- End quote ---

OOC would be good! everyone sees that!... Just a couple of other little things cam worked out on the second dain tanking round... Shield and fist for tank and ramp tank (unequip weapons) so he does not go in to banish stange while everyone is killing the dragon - it may also be worth casting voice of thule on the tank to increase the hate'n.... worked well last week, cam was able to keep aggro, until the king came to visit... (also adjusted my personal strategy to avoid pile's stuff up this week)

--- End quote ---

Correct, for Dain we were not damaging on purpose to avoid the banish during Yelinak.   I would avoid unequiping weapons though, as you'll take a stat reduction for doing so and every bit helps.  Instead, just avoid turning on attack to prevent damaging Dain to the point he begins to Banish.

From an aggro point during this OT period, Cam can rely solely on abilities and maintain aggro over healers easily.  VoT doesn't hurt of course, but you guys would be best to work out that level of buffs, as it's just easier that way.  A tank in need, can request it from an SK for example.

I'm close to finishing an adjusts post based on our latest run.  I'll have it posted before this weeks raid.  Been busy in RL, so I've been working on it in between.

Furro:
Strategy Adjusts

Adjusts based on our attempts Saturday, January 19.

I created a diagram to help illustrate our positioning.

Please read this post fully and properly update your triggers as indicated below.  Thanks.

* Trigger set updated to reflect tactical adjusts, and increase overall raid effectiveness.
* Raid position adjusted to reduce deaths during boss pops.
* Dain pin location changed to SW of door, between wall pillars (clear Line-of-Sight for casters).
* Yelinak MT trigger added for Yelinak directional.  Main Tank is responsible for turning Yelinak at appropriate times.
* Yelinak RT on engage/pull to pin location must never drag over the parked disruption shards, or they will ALL despawn.  Utilize HA if SK by assignment.  If other, deflect and move SE, and tank can take in from there walking backwards to pin point.
* Healer assignments adjusted for clarity regardless of stage.   For any stage prior to 15%, healers without an active MT/RT during these times are to focus their efforts on the active MTs for Dain, Yelinak and/or KT.
* Slow debuff assignment to be double checked.  MT (or other), utilize FLRaids and/or /ooc to indicate when Slow %T is about to expire only
Note: Updated the strategy post to reflect our current method to date.

GTT Changes

Everyone must replace their trigger sets for this again.  Sorry all, but with our recent adjusts, certain triggers must be removed to avoid confusion.  To avoid duplicate triggers, follow the instructions below:

* WARNING - REMOVE ALL "RoF - T1 - Kael" related triggers from your GTT setup first.  THEN IMPORT THE NEW TRIGGER SET BELOW:
* Reminder: Replace YOUR_NAME with your character name for the Begone banish trigger.

GTT File 01/16/2013 R2: EVERYONE USE - rof-kael-king-tormax.gtt

GTT File 01/16/2013 R2: Supplimental Triggers for TANKS ONLY - rof-kael-king-tormax-tanks.gtt

Note: The above GTT files in the original strat post above have been overwritten already.  So it doesn't matter if you use these links here or the ones within the strat post.

mistatk:
Yelinak was popping in the South end not where it is marked on map

Furro:

--- Quote from: mistatk on January 19, 2013, 05:54:54 AM ---Yelinak was popping in the South end not where it is marked on map

--- End quote ---

South end, as in further away from crystal of fear you mean? 

I didn't observe Yelinaks exact spawn point in our previous attempts, so I went with a general area when marking the dashed pull path.

If it's way further south btw, I can look to adjust the diagram in the future for accuracy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version