Author Topic: Exp changes to HoT tasks  (Read 2625 times)

Xabkortiz

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Re: Exp changes to HoT tasks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
interesting that you can still get flagged though

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 01:28:59 AM »
interesting that you can still get flagged though

Yeah.  I raised this exact issue on page 30 of the thread.  Links to SoE forums are terrible, so I can't get the exact page I posted on.  Here's my post below quoted:

Piestro wrote:
        Other Rewards
  • All rewards other than experience including progression flags, coin, and any items will be shared as they always have been. No changes to rewards other than experience are being implemented.
Furro wrote:
TA's for the purpose of progression/flags are by far the biggest problem in my opinion.  The current fix only addresses experience.

As it stands, with the changes you're implementing, TA's will still occur en masse for the purpose of progression/flags without players even stepping foot into Veil of Alaris.  I even recall a developer posting a similiar statement some time back with regards to House of Thule.

Please consider the following:
  • Upon TA/Mission request character(s) must have the appropriate zone/tier access flag(s) for where the mission is taking place.
  • Proximity condition applied to Progression/Flag(s) grants upon chest unlock.
Experience from missions should be removed completely.  The act of participating in the mission (killing mobs etc), is reward enough.  This would go a long way to reducing the TA/Experience issue really.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »
I had heard the "compromise" was to still allowing flagging, because so many people will be upset about the "experience nerf."

I am kind of tired myself though of people gaining achievements and levels inside the guild lobby.  And I've been one of those people who have passed out many, many TAs exploiting the system.