Author Topic: OMG yes .. DON"T take it personal  (Read 3606 times)

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
OMG yes .. DON"T take it personal
« on: November 12, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
OK guys yes i just posted something yesterday .. with my normal pazaz ( however you spell that ) but i held back then .. today i got up and was watching the biggest looser .. i like this show but at the same time it drives me completely nuts. here these folks are playing this .. GAME .. on tv .. and yet it isnt' a game, it is thier lives. these folks need to change or die. Like any bad habbit, these folks have ignored the problem for a long long time. Then they get on this show and have a chance to supper fastly change thier lives for the better. They get the things we all wish we had .. a cook , a maid , and a personal trainer. Then something happens they see 250 thousand dollars and all of a sudden they forget thier lives and start thinking about the GAME . They vote people who worked so hard off of the game becuase they see them being a competitor for the 250. instead of voting off the folks that work less hard they vote off the hardest workers. and with that the words i hate always are said " DON"T TAKE IT PERSONAL "

So you are thinking what does this have to do with EQ .. other then the fact it is a GAME .. well while it hasnt' been said as much out loud i get tired of hearing DON"T TAKE IT PERSONAL in EQ everyday .
NOT PULLING ANY PUNCHES HERE !

I think furro would love to say to those he considers slackers this .. IT IS PERSONAL .. how many of you work really hard at this GAME every night two three hours .. four hours how much of your life do you devote to it. YOUR LIFE omg it is all you have you know. and Yet there is someone who will WAIST your time .. they didnt' bother reading the strat , they didnt' bother comparing thier armor , They didnt' bother bringing the pots they needed .. they didnt' bother to even try to LVL .. they mentioned a LFG a couple times but when they didn't get it they blamed other folks and just logged instead of even trying to get a couple aa's .. or get to the LVL cap ..

well that would be fine if they were always with themselves .. who am i to tell folks how to play the game they want to play. BUT come on folks when you show up to a raid team unprepared for no good reason ! and yeah i know there some good reasons i can list later for ya .. BUT as i stated to many folks this week WE can be on top , if you don't want to bring your A game then fine .. please dont' show up .. Because some of us will take it personal, Waist minutes of our lives isn't OK ..

Why we are in freelance ,
A. we didnt' want to deal with raiding guild drama .. and or  attendance percentagles our jobs our families dont' allow that , BUT we did want to raid and work hard to get that game experiance for ourselves.
B. WE wanted to be with people we actualy like , our friends. That is why i am here i love my guild and i love my friends. A way to be with the majority of my friends and guild is to raid with freelance. i wouldn't help with the team if i didnt' want to at least try to give the people i love the same oportunity in game that i wanted to have.

Um do you all think that some of us coudln't move to a big TOP of the line team .. BULL CRAP .. lets take me for example i have a lot to work on but folks i say one word .. CLERIC .. yeah i hate to say that but my class alone would get me an upper leg on getting into some of the raiding guilds or teams that i could go into if i wanted to be there.

I Don't think some folks realize what a raid leader or even a class officer puts into putting these things on for who oh yeah YOU all ..
GUYS FURRO runs raid sick , COP officers run raids sick
we have been running raids and had a trash can close by so we can puke in it. ( i know some of you are saying man is just a game, yeah i know but that is the commiment to our friends we have put forth, even in a game imagine if you lived in the same town with us what we would do as your friend )
we run them we are tired , we run them when we dont' get anything out of them in the way of gear wise. we run them regardless. you try it .. YEAH i said it you try it. come up with strat .. try to make sure it goes on a website .. try to motivate folks look at things from every angle .. take time out of your life to put others first. it isn't an easy job ..

just look at what folks do on here .. FURRO .. every single stupid strat here he took the time to hand tailor for Freelance
BUMKUS spent his limited time puting up triggers , writing up how to use them , running parses to show folks how to maximise their dps ,
SOME of us run the same missions over and over again to make sure folks have thier progression up .. we schedule time to do it with folks that have hard schedules ..

and yet i still see folks who show up can't even play thier class right or were bored so they bring endless alts to raids. i want to make this clear i am not against alts, but a team must be focused .. and a toon must be a benefit to a team or folks you are waisting your own time as well as ours. if your toon isnt' where it should be you can't contribute you spend the raid dead and  with the possiabitly of taking an item away from a toon that might need it and does do a lot of work to keep themselves current.  Whats worse is a few folks like this can wipe a raid .. a hand full of slackers cause us to loose the event , causes us to loose numbers and grinds the team to a halt. and then that same slacker tells me .. omg he has the audacity to tell me .. they are moving to another team becuase they want to be hard core .. no that isnt' what it is .. what they are really saying to me is this .. " i toke what i wanted from you all i didnt' learn and now i want to stair climb to steal from another team. and while we might think .. oh yeah .. good ridence it was still a huge waist of everyone's time. then .. i get " Hey it was nothing personal " .. OMG YES IT WAS YOU WAISTED MY LIFE " .. folks everything is a choice of what you do with the short time on the planet you have .. you choose to play EQ .. we are real people behind the computers and we dont' want our lives waisted.

so i know this wasn't my usual fluffy we can do it speach but i think it needed to be said. you all want to send me hate mail do so ..
now bear in mind i didnt' mean folks who have legit probs or yeah made an actual mistake and are remorseful for it. that is forgiven we love eachother .. but I take the time to yell at my kids when they need it SO i am taking the time to yell at you all becuase i love ya to ..

SO take this PERSONAL ..
Get on the ball
THERE IS NO REASON For us not to be in Bigger content.
I want to see prepared folks at the raids .. people who want to consume the content .. farm what we need to go to the bigger and next lvl .. YOU Have the tools you need dont' blame others if you aren't geting it done .. THis SIte has all the info you need on your class and anything else you freaking need for the raids.
GUYS i am not perfect no one is .. i am not standing here from a stand point of that. i am saying we all need work .. and we all want to do our best if you don't .. then learn to solo .. and give us a break.
and i am not trying to hurt moral i am trying to tell you all that if you aren't doing your very best in game you are waisting your time as well and it will catch up with you. and that YEAH we do take it personal IF our time gets waisted i want to spend my time help folks who want and need the help who have great attitudes and do their home work and that takes five minutes really a day to check on boards and to ask folks in game that are higher then you what to do with thier class ..

SO if you want excuse my fluffy letter from yesterday and read this one ..
NOw MOST FOLKS THAT HIT THE BOARDS ARE NOT THE ONES I AM TALKING TO TO .. SO FOR THOSE THAT YOU KNOW .. THAT DON'T READ THE BOARDS CUT AND PASTE THIS AND SEND IT TO THEM WITH LOVE. 

please send hate mail to PM here or at quinaveere@yahoo.com or .. frostfox in game thanks ..
servant of the circle of prophets

Jackl

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OMG yes .. DON"T take it personal
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
this is the attitude i was trying to  relay to the guild   like 18 months ago..bit of homework, bit of forethought , wow , smooth events and happy people.
Seems like a no-brainer.

Will be grinding out the stuff I've missed out on while gone  , get flags and prog done for my two useful toons and then decide what one to play more. See ya'll soon.

Yoscorio

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:25 AM »
Interesting rant.  Your idea of what freelance represents apparently differs from what others think freelance represents (myself, included). 

Not everyone plays this game in a min/max fashion.  No one should have to do things they don't want to do with their $14.99 a month, which includes grinding endlessly if they'd rather go off and TS or do something that's fun for them. 

If you don't want those people raiding with you, that's fine, but be upfront about it.  Freelance is already developing into a distinct raiding entity and moving away from its open raiding roots with this change in loot rules.  I mean, hell, there's even a guild tag. 

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:34:42 AM »

Not everyone plays this game in a min/max fashion.  No one should have to do things they don't want to do with their $14.99 a month, which includes grinding endlessly if they'd rather go off and TS or do something that's fun for them. 

I don't personally expect everyone to min/max their characters.  However, there's no harm in promoting or inspiring others to enhance their level of play through a better understanding of their character and environment.  A "better understanding" doesn't mean "complete understanding".  Encouragement should be limited with respect to the target audience.  Casual players are often not min/maxers to any degree.  I would argue that very few raiders at the tier in which we raid are outliners or min/maxers.

Encouraging others to better their level of play can be accomplished through positive methods.  Within an Open Raid team, the level of play and character development is all over the map.  This is normal, and the hope is that as each player continues to raid, their level of skill evolves, along with their character.

Players often feel they've reached their peak, based on a flawed personal scale in my opinion.  The scale used is subjective to each individual's view of reaching a point of diminishing returns.  With a made up scale, one may never realise their true potential, because it's never put to the test against content or other players of similiar level, development and skill.  This is where raiding truely draws out and tests those characteristics of play.  Facets of EQ raiding require these aspects to various degrees.  The tier of raid content also dictates whether or not a team must strive towards a new plateau of performance.

I'm not judging anyones personal playstyle, that's their choice.  However, when one enters the realm of raiding, it's no longer all about personal choice.  The good of the team deserves consideration also.  A team won't advance, if the it's collective is thinking as individuals.

Raiders are molded over time, and not everyone will fit into the mold.  Each person makes a conscious decision to raid. Those who raid with Freelance shouldn't expect results without putting forth the required effort.  Positive encouragement directed at players in order to increase their performance, aids in the development of team players.  Team players strengthen us as a force, which in turn help us push forward and progress into new content.

I strongly believe that improving our level of play is healthy, as long as it's not pushed to a point that it negatively affects the morale of the team.  Comradery among Freelance raiders can be strengthened by each member taking a moment to self-evaluate, seek out, and consider others opinions/suggestions to improve their level of play.  I certainly wouldn't take it personal if someone told me how to heal better, or improve on some other aspect seen as needing attention.  I'm always trying to improve my gameplay on all levels.  I'm probably more of a min/maxer, but I don't expect everyone else to be.  We draw strength from each other, and our comradery binds us.  We must use these bonds to support one another in the pursuit of better gameplay as a team.  This is what Freelance is all about.

If you don't want those people raiding with you, that's fine, but be upfront about it.  Freelance is already developing into a distinct raiding entity and moving away from its open raiding roots with this change in loot rules.  I mean, hell, there's even a guild tag. 

Recent changes to the Loot System were necessary. 

Raid Attendance:

Requiring a degree of participation in Freelance raids for a chance at a Flag/Key via Random is good for the team as a whole.  I've been tracking flags for years, and I'm sure it's no surprise that there's a disturbing pattern of abuse for flag/keys.  These abuses do nothing to aid in advancing Freelance in content that requires flags to raid. 

This change was to close a vulnerability within the loot system, which directly hampers our ability to progress within an acceptable timeframe.

Ratio DKP/Random:

70/30 increases the chance for gear to be spread among those who are active with Freelance.  Landing DKP state always benefits the team (from the standpoint of gear distribution among active members in the roster), because those who bid on items, earned DKP by attending our raids.  Therefore, those raiders put in time with Freelance, and potentially benefited the team as a result.  The presence of Random still remains, and allows the possibility for someone new or with less activity, a chance at gear.

Freelance Guild:

In response to the guild reference.  Huevos created a guild called Freelance Raiders for is own personal use (he boxes group content often).  His guild isn't associated with Freelance in any form though.  I don't fault anyone for making the assumption of affiliation of his guild and Freelance, it's logical really.

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »
obviously you didn't get what i was saying .. yori the long and short of it is this .. yeah you play how you want but .. if you are coming to a group event then you need to come with your A game others are counting on you  to know your class and the event and how to interact with it ..

you dont want to raid fine i have no prob with that .. but my rant was about folks who come unprepaired and yet at the same time expect the team to hand them everything and then when they are done they don't come and give back the same support they were given ..

i am a casual raider who runs a family guild we have many who don't raid i don't knock them you can try talking to my members about it .. but when someone shows up and does less then thier best effort .. it does bother me becuase it hurt the rest of the team. 

and that is really frustrating ..

i am sorry you didn't understand my frustration in this manner that being said i am not sorry i said what i said .. i have talked to others who did understand what i was trying to convey. my big thing is as long as people do their best it is good .. i have just seen a lot of folks regardless of thier time not trying thier best. and i am not going to single anyone out here.. but when others are counting on you try your best. is all we are asking.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:52:27 AM by frostfox »
servant of the circle of prophets