General Public > Upcoming Events & Strategy

RoS - Sathirs Tomb - T2 - Drusellas Vault

<< < (2/4) > >>

Furro:
November 24, 2019 - Update

Solid attempts on this Saturday.  Made good progress!

The strategy post has been updated accordingly.

Raiena's positioning diagram and comments have been incorporated into the strategy post.  Thanks Raiena! :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback and observations!

Triggers Updated

Delete the old trigger package before importing the new one.

Please ensure you're up to date before attending our next raid.  Thanks!

See everyone in game! :)

Kianara:
We may want to update the Stage 1 graphic to remove the "run here" area in the East to avoid confusion .. running to a predetermined spot when emoted is pointless since she doesn't chase the emoted person.  It may be more effective to keep the raid together, then move as a whole either clockwise or counterclockwise when she does an emote (depending on which direction she'd be moving from as she moves to the targeted person.  This way we can better control her movements, at least for the initial stage of the event.  If not we're going to be ALL OVER the place during this, and I get the feeling that controlling as many of the mechanics as we can is going to be key to winning this.

A note on the Spirits in stage 2 .. they don't stun.  They do, however, have the same silence AE that the Spirits in Crypt Robbers have.  I was never once stunned by them, but was silenced numerous times.

--- Quote from: Furro on August 01, 2019, 09:56:59 PM ---Issue:

I haven't been emoted, so I don't know if there is a private early warning emote (sent to person targeted only).  As a result, I based the original trigger on the public emote that Drusella targeted the player.  If there's an early warning emote it changes how we react.  So if you are emoted privately, then let us know so we can adjust this.

Reports from Saturday is that Drusella paths to the location the person was emoted at, as opposed to chasing after the emoted person.  If true the run away portion of the trigger is pointless really.

The other big issue is that it doesn't alert anyone else in the raid that Drusella is on the move towards someone.

--- End quote ---

Only addressing this since I didn't see any updates in the strategy summary.  There's no "private" emote warning sent to the player, but there is a green emote that will flash on the screen (as well as the text line that appears in the log) denoting who is being emoted.

For stage 2, I'd recommend splitting the raid to focus on the Globs and Bones.  Would probably be best to have the strongest fire users (mainly the casters - mages, wiz, necro, druid, etc) on the bones, and strongest cold casters/melee (mostly melee - beastlords, rangers, and other melee) on globs.  Not only will the respective mobs take increased damage from their vulnerable element, but I think they take less damage from the opposing element (I'll double check my logs to make sure, but pretty sure that's what I was noticing .. could have just been the astronomical hit points the globs/bones have)

Mages should have a fire pet pocketed with fire weapons equipped (they can use their normal pet for the rest of the event .. swapping to the fire pet for stage 2).

And a side note .. Tomb Rot - Paladins can cure it without dying.  Otherwise, it'll be automatically cured if the event is beaten.

More notes the next time we attempt this!  Looking forward to downing it soon!

Furro:

--- Quote from: Kianara on November 28, 2019, 08:43:36 PM ---We may want to update the Stage 1 graphic to remove the "run here" area in the East to avoid confusion .. running to a predetermined spot when emoted is pointless since she doesn't chase the emoted person.  It may be more effective to keep the raid together, then move as a whole either clockwise or counterclockwise when she does an emote (depending on which direction she'd be moving from as she moves to the targeted person.  This way we can better control her movements, at least for the initial stage of the event.  If not we're going to be ALL OVER the place during this, and I get the feeling that controlling as many of the mechanics as we can is going to be key to winning this.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I noticed Raiena had a run to location on her diagram.  I was going to message her about it, but I ended up just leaving it be.  She'll read this and probably change it. /duck  :D

When I updated the triggers on Sunday, I did up them up in a special way to account for different scenarios:

* Drusella Sathir - COMING FOR YOU - ADJUST POSITION - Avoid AURA
* Drusella Sathir - COMING FOR YOU (really close!) - ADJUST POSITION - Avoid AURA
* Drusella Sathir - MOVING - WATCH OUT - She is after someone else
I specifically didn't use RUN AWAY voice/text.  I agree as well, I don't think a run to spot is helpful.

Re: It may be more effective to keep the raid together, then move as a whole either clockwise or counterclockwise when she does an emote

I don't agree with this man.  It's really difficult to coordinate the raid to pull off cw/ccw moving as a group, as I'm sure you know. :)

The way I updated the triggers on Sunday, when YOU are emoted, YOU adjust position.  But!  The other trigger will fire for EVERYONE ELSE, so everyone is aware someone else was emoted and that Drus is MOVING.

I think it's more about people paying attention when Drus is moving and to be aware of surroundings and which way she's moving.

Playing 3rd person view really helps for this event.

--- Quote from: Kianara on November 28, 2019, 08:43:36 PM ---
A note on the Spirits in stage 2 .. they don't stun.  They do, however, have the same silence AE that the Spirits in Crypt Robbers have.  I was never once stunned by them, but was silenced numerous times.

--- End quote ---

When I updated the strategy post on Sunday, I copied the three types of mobs from our other Crypt Robber's strategy post.  Perhaps the spirits in this vault event don't cast Sepulchral Stun, although it is a single target cast, so perhaps you were never hit.  If I have time, I'll parse the vault logs for it to confirm.

--- Quote from: Furro on August 01, 2019, 09:56:59 PM ---Issue:

I haven't been emoted, so I don't know if there is a private early warning emote (sent to person targeted only).  As a result, I based the original trigger on the public emote that Drusella targeted the player.  If there's an early warning emote it changes how we react.  So if you are emoted privately, then let us know so we can adjust this.

Reports from Saturday is that Drusella paths to the location the person was emoted at, as opposed to chasing after the emoted person.  If true the run away portion of the trigger is pointless really.

The other big issue is that it doesn't alert anyone else in the raid that Drusella is on the move towards someone.

--- End quote ---

Only addressing this since I didn't see any updates in the strategy summary.  There's no "private" emote warning sent to the player, but there is a green emote that will flash on the screen (as well as the text line that appears in the log) denoting who is being emoted.

--- End quote ---

I addressed this in the trigger updates on Sunday.  As mentioned earlier in my post, the way I updated the triggers it'll simulate a "private" emote.

For stage 2, I'd recommend splitting the raid to focus on the Globs and Bones.  Would probably be best to have the strongest fire users (mainly the casters - mages, wiz, necro, druid, etc) on the bones, and strongest cold casters/melee (mostly melee - beastlords, rangers, and other melee) on globs.  Not only will the respective mobs take increased damage from their vulnerable element, but I think they take less damage from the opposing element (I'll double check my logs to make sure, but pretty sure that's what I was noticing .. could have just been the astronomical hit points the globs/bones have)

Mages should have a fire pet pocketed with fire weapons equipped (they can use their normal pet for the rest of the event .. swapping to the fire pet for stage 2).

And a side note .. Tomb Rot - Paladins can cure it without dying.  Otherwise, it'll be automatically cured if the event is beaten.

More notes the next time we attempt this!  Looking forward to downing it soon!

--- End quote ---

I agree, we need to split the classes up for Globs and Bones strategically, as you've outlined.

Also agree players specializing their spell sets for that stage!  The reminder about Mages and fire pet pocket is good, I remember you mentioning it that night.  The reminders help btw, thanks.

We know based on the self-buffs on the Glob and Bones that the increase in damage is substantial.  I wouldn't doubt the opposing element is restrictive, or as you said it could just be the HP is boosted to promote players to take advantage of the mechanic.

The Tomb Rot and Paladins.  Yeah, their Splash may bypass the Tomb Rot hit on Curer portion of the debuff.

Thanks for the feedback Kianara! :)

See ya in game!

Kianara:
Sorry if I covered anything that was adjusted in the triggers.  Admittedly I didn't look at any of the changes to the triggers before I posted anything /duck

I know what you mean about how tough it'd be to coordinate the whole raid moving as one during P1.  A problem healers are going to run into though is people running out of range of splashes/group heals.  I know it happened for me for the entirety of P1 every attempt we did .. never failed that half of my group was missing group heals.  And with the amount of damage that the (non-attention paying) folks are taking, single target heals are vastly ineffective (at least for druid/shaman healers), and most times resulted in lots of deaths that could have been avoided.  We may need to assign some AE HoTs on engage to combat this (I'm sure you already are with clerics, we may need to add in druid/shaman HoT as well).

Good to know about the Spirits having a single target stun, I'll check logs as well and see what I can find.

Furro:

--- Quote from: Kianara on November 28, 2019, 09:48:20 PM ---Sorry if I covered anything that was adjusted in the triggers.  Admittedly I didn't look at any of the changes to the triggers before I posted anything /duck

I know what you mean about how tough it'd be to coordinate the whole raid moving as one during P1.  A problem healers are going to run into though is people running out of range of splashes/group heals.  I know it happened for me for the entirety of P1 every attempt we did .. never failed that half of my group was missing group heals.  And with the amount of damage that the (non-attention paying) folks are taking, single target heals are vastly ineffective (at least for druid/shaman healers), and most times resulted in lots of deaths that could have been avoided.  We may need to assign some AE HoTs on engage to combat this (I'm sure you already are with clerics, we may need to add in druid/shaman HoT as well).

Good to know about the Spirits having a single target stun, I'll check logs as well and see what I can find.

--- End quote ---

Yeah no worries, I only pointed out the trigger updates in case it was overlooked. :)

Re: Splashes/Group Heals

Yeah, we're bound to become spread out due to Drus mechanic.  I understand the range of splash/group heals are potentially not as effective in that regard.

We could optimize a bit.   For stage 1 and 2, providing the Bones/Goo spawn in the same location, we can position casters and their healers off center from middle area.  So for Bones side, Casters+Healers are off center towards that side.  For Goo, Shaman can be off center on that side, and they'll be in range of their melee DPS for group heals.

Having said all that, in stage 2, the little ooze adds that spawn and path towards folks are another chaotic element, that's going to cause people to spread out as well.  I'm guessing the little ooze behave similar to Crypt Robber ooze, or perhaps explode upon reaching their target.  Either way, an ooze with your name on it is never a good thing.  ;D

As a side note, for Stage 2 to keep the spawning adds in check, we may need to put Rogues/Berserkers on them with a silent MA, while the rest of the raid does their respective Bones/Goo Fire/Cold damage based on class.

Re: We may need to assign some AE HoTs on engage to combat this (I'm sure you already are with clerics, we may need to add in druid/shaman HoT as well)

Yeah, Cleric assigns were loosely done because stage 1 was our hurdle last week.  I worked it as double IoMs and a TB CR+GHoT by assign on engage.  We need to tweak it further to account for Stage 2 now.  From there, adjust.

Same for Druids, SOTW.  We also need need Shaman to setup alliances by group.

- Furro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version