Author Topic: VoA - Beasts' Domain - King of the Beasts  (Read 12405 times)

mistatk

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: VoA - Beasts' Domain - King of the Beasts
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 05:02:18 AM »
The night we were trying this event, when we were trying the most updated tactic, i still was getting charmed even though i was getting the debuff cured.  We can try figure it out more next run, but i don't think it's as simple as just getting the debuff cured = no charm.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »
The night we were trying this event, when we were trying the most updated tactic, i still was getting charmed even though i was getting the debuff cured.  We can try figure it out more next run, but i don't think it's as simple as just getting the debuff cured = no charm.

It's not that simple.  The cure doesn't work, but it should.  We discovered this on our last run few weeks back and it was why we stopped trying to cure it.  We're just going to have to deal with it with fast reactions from both tanks/healers when the charm occurs.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:02:48 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »

We're taking our first real look at this event tonight and tomorrow.  Been a few weeks and we have more T3 flagged now.

TANKS, READ BELOW THE QUOTE AND REMOVE THE TRIGGER SET PREVIOUSLY:

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory
[/size]

Main Tanks

Charm is a recourse when Magic of the Domain fades.

Corruption Cure will REMOVE the Magic buff and prevent you from being charmed.

When GTT fires, hit your CURE hotkey to let designated curer in your group know to cure you.

* New: voa_beast_charm.gtt

Audio File: get-cured.wav

Tanks, remove this trigger from your GTT setup.

MTs assigned to Beast have the other tanks set in your ETW, when the one before you gets charmed, step up.  Remember use your TANKING hotkey please also (it really helps give healers extra heads up).

After each attempt, Beast MTs parse your logs to see what he hits were like.  We need to know if: Beast in pit in arura hits for less or not.  Visual accounts are not going to cut it, parse to get the real numbers so you know by how much.  We'll test both in and out of pit so we have comparisons (unless you have our prior run saved).

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »
Regarding pet tanking, how do you know what the devs intended?  Somewhere you heard that the charm could be cured, but it can't.  Perhaps the intended tactic is to pet tank him.  Maybe the devs don't even have intended tactics for raids.  They just set the challenge and let the players figure out how to beat it, using all the tools that the game offers.  Pets are one of those tools.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 04:05:47 AM »
Regarding pet tanking, how do you know what the devs intended?  Somewhere you heard that the charm could be cured, but it can't.  Perhaps the intended tactic is to pet tank him.  Maybe the devs don't even have intended tactics for raids.  They just set the challenge and let the players figure out how to beat it, using all the tools that the game offers.  Pets are one of those tools.

The charm curing; I never heard it could be.  When I wrote the strat, I looked at the marker for domain, it showed corruption counters.  It should be curable, but it isn't.  There are two charms though also, I'm guessing the other is based on the model or something, not sure.  Maybe it'll flesh out and be more clear after we drop it a few times in the logs. 

No raids are designed around pet tanking raid bosses.  Devs even changed SS#2 to prevent pet tanking and clearly stated it wasn't intended.  I'm not disputing pet tanking in the group game isn't viable/intended though, but I consider that different realm than raiding.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »
Freelance first win Friday, June 8, 2012.

[Fri Jun 08 21:39:31 2012] Ssark tells the raid, 'Engage!'
[Fri Jun 08 22:03:35 2012] Furro tells the raid, 'Nice work everyone!'

Epic (thanks Renthor) battle between a freelance group of raiders learning a new event and current expansion content.

P.S. There was about 15 seconds of a pet tanking, I saw it, my Exwifesbones! :)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »

Bump.

This event continues to be a source of gear both via drops and vendor currency.  It will remain a priority in our cycle.