Author Topic: Re: Warrior Epic 2.0  (Read 4361 times)

Suurge

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Warrior Epic 2.0
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:16:23 PM »
In a perfect world, perhaps things would work this way.

However, it is not a perfect world, it is open raiding.  Loot rules will not be changed to favor certain individuals over others.

The only exceptions to this rule are CoA blagflags which are required to loot anything in the zone.  I will call those AFTER all loot on a mob is done, because I feel that those who took the time to flag shouldnt get burned by someone who is in coa for the first time.  The other exception is yar lir eyes, which I cant completely enforce . .  but its stupid to roll on an eye that you simply will not use because your guild does not kill Vishimtar.  1.5/2.0 are so simple to complete now, and are doable in their entirety by anyone with a CoA flag (in order to loot orb) that there is no reason as far as I can see that any fully flagged coa person shouldnt roll on the orb.  Its not as if they are missing a flag or key at that point preventing them from doing it . . and who knows? winning that may very well be the motivation some people need to work on their 2.0s.

Freeland DOES do 2.0 fights as the number of people needing fights done hits a certain point ..  so theres no reason an epic cant be completed.

Heeth

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
Thnx suurge for your long reply,

But too bad i cant agree with your way of thinking.  :-[

I thought Need before Greed sounds more then fair in real life and also in this game.

All I was asking was a little understanding from the experiance players that know someone so close to epic must and should get the first chance to finish his or her epic, count meself also in that matter.

So if I must kill 20 mobs to finish my epic and somone else need just 1 kill and his done i want give my loot turn to him or her.

I have also seen a guild that placed some points extra to the roll of players. its mean if you need 3 loots to finish epic and the other player need 1 loot to finish his or hers the 1 that is closer get +10 points more on roll numbers. If the first person roll as example 200 and the sencond person rolls 200 too he get 200+10=210 and still wins the roll. But if the first rolls 220 and the second one rolls 200+10=210 he lose and the first person can loot the item.

This way give the person that worked hard to finish his her epic faster get a little more chance to end his/her epic.

Once again I just asked for some undestanding and didnt ask that players MUST stop rolling on epic parts, also i do not try change freelance way of loots rules, i just try give some information about other passible ways to make it fair to some peoples that are way closer then others.  8-)

I could not have said it any better than Suurge.  However, I have a thing or two to add to the conversation.

In the beginning of Freelance, the loot rules were decided on by the Raid Leaders as the most optimum way to handle an “open” raiding format.  This loot style is the fairest way to handle any type of loot that drops in EQ.  After all, it is determined by a /random 0 1000 determined by your computer.  There is no human error associated with it.  Also, this style allows people to freely choose what they want to roll on and on what character they want loot on.  It is the only way we can be 100% fair to everyone.

In conclusion, read the loot rules because we follow them to the letter.  It's the only fair way.  Frankly, Freelance is an “Open” style of raiding.  You choose to join us on our raids, as we do not *make* you raid with us.  

Thank you and I hope to see you on the next raid!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:52:44 PM by Heeth »

Breniar

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
I understand the OP's frustration but I have to agree with the responses.  I've been there myself with certain items.  The problem is if you start selectivly rewarding loot a lot of factors come into play.  What if player A only needs the orb to finish his 2.0 but only shows up for CoA raids and skips everything else we do?  Then there's player B who show's up for every Freelance raid we do and also wants the 2.0 orb but isnt at the end of his quest?  Player B wins hands down IMO but thats bound to cause drama no matter who wins.  Players could also bring up points on who gets a better upgrade from loot that drops.  What about the people who loot and scoot (Which happens all the time from repeat offenders) should they be considered for loot?  I wish they'd be banned like plooters are but it's in the teams best interest to just leave things as they are.  It's just opening a can of worms that would be bad.

One big reason I love doing FL raids is the lack of drama we have.  This is largely due to the loot rules FL has and the leaders commitment to sticking with them.

The real answer to your problem is just keep doing CoA with us.  FL will not be leaving there for a long time and there's really not a lot of people rolling on the orbs.  I usually see maybe 10 or so at most.  If you need your 2.0 chances are good that you need a lot of loot from CoA.  Try to win some of that loot also.  Pre-grats on your 2.0 anyway.  Stay with FL and you'll finish it is the bottom line.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:31:28 PM by Breniar »

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • MSN Messenger - arthur_914@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:52:22 AM »
Just my 2 cents here.

If you are not agree the rule from this open raid.You have your choice to not attend it.Rules is set and loot is FFAR(Free For All Roll). There is no way to rush the rule if you wanna come and join the fun.Furro's raid is not for loot basicailly,its mainly for those ppl who wanna raid much more than their guild provided.Hope you understand whats Freelance and enjoy your journey in EQ.
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Breniar

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:16:39 PM »
I think maybe you didnt fully read or understand the previous posts is all.  Noone is talking about stealing items.

In a perfect world your ideas are fair but in reality they'll be abused heavily.  If some bazaar geared cleric alt shows up to his bi-monthly raid with us and is awarded a CoA earring because he gets the biggest upgrade from it I would disband on the spot and never return and so would half the raid.  People would be wearing their crap gear to raids in hopes of a greater chance of winning loot.  Not to mention that the 'best' upgrade is purely an opinion most of the time.

Take my character as an example.  I'm a druid.  Which when weighed against other classes pound for pound, assuming the person at the keyboard is competant at their class, is probably if not definatly the worst and least desired class on a raid.  The class just doesnt allow me to be the best at anything.  Any raid leader would want his clerics to have the highest mana possible.  If a loot drops that gives me a 60 mana boost and a cleric a 45 mana boost the cleric should get the loot in a NBG system since he will make better use of it.  The same could be said about cleric armor and tank armor since a lot of those pieces are worn by both.  See where i'm going with this?

If Furro installed a NBG loot system i'd lay money down that Freelance would dissolve into nothing within a month.

IMO the DKP system is the closest thing to fair you can get.  That being not practical for an open raid group the /ran 1k is second best.

I hope this makes some sense and doesnt make me sound like an ass at the same time.

Another thing to remember is that for some of those people who've been raiding with FL for a while there are no BIG upgrades for them that are dropping.  Not to mention those who won't see ANY upgrades from CoA and continue to help out but thats beside the point.  I personally dont feel bad at all for looting an item that is probably a small upgrade in comparison to what some other people would get.  I show up to almost all of these raids and those people don't.  If they did they wouldnt be so poorly geared.  That core of people who show up to most of these raids is what allows Freelance to exist and be consistant.  Asking them to roll less on loot is ludicrous.

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • MSN Messenger - arthur_914@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 01:18:33 PM »
OMG  :'(

I think the peoples that reply to my message dont understand what I was talking about.  :-X

I am talking about ( NBG ) Need Before Greed, I am not talking about LOOTS or going to raid for loots and try steal somone else items.

Once again Freelance doing a grate job or I wasnt join them at all. second I am not trying to change anything. All I was trying to say was, that peoples should think not greedy and give the person that need it most more chance.

There are also some items in game that the right CLASS can use it more, in that case I will not roll on it.

As per the above msg, you are totally against your words.You dont want to change anything but you are still giving your suggestion to change the rule in my understanding.Freelance's officers set the rules, you can follow them if you agree.When an item dropped and you really need it more than others. You can try to /tell the winner and spare the reward to you.If not , you can just wait on the next times it drops.Arthursuen is my main and I had been waited to my globe for over 2yrs.Also I have waited BBoB from GoD expansion like 4yrs already.This is EQ and you should enjoy the WAITING.Read the rule again to make sure you fully understand whats is the rules told.If you still have problem to the rules I will tell you Freelance is not your home.  :-[
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman