Author Topic: Freelance Flag Progression Tracker  (Read 4423 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Freelance Flag Progression Tracker
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »

Freelance Flag Progression Tracker will track your character progress as you raid with us.

Overview:
  • A Search box is provided to isolate data you wish to look up, such as your character name or flag counts.
  • Hover your mouse over the flags/book/status areas to reveal extra information
  • How flagging works for the various expansions
  • Related Rk.III Rune & Disc links provided as starting points
  • Reference Tables available to give an overview of tiers and raid events
Notes:

Flags require completion by means of 'clicking' an item in game.  However, since I have no way of knowing who has clicked their key/item/book, there is obviously no way for me to write logic and pickup on this fact.  Therefore, players in this situation, your current status via the tracker may be temporarily inaccurate.  However, this will flesh itself out in most situations as you progress further in tiers.

Javascript must be enabled in your browser (most likely already is), for the Search/filter features of the table to work.

How the Progression Tracker Works

For those who care about this stuff.  This was a long term side-projected over a period of several months.

OBJECTIVE: Single point of entry system for tracking player progression

LANGUAGES

I wrote it in PHP (scripting language). 

Utilized a plug-in for the jQuery Javascript library called Datatables.  Datatables interprets the tables my script outputs and offers search/sort/pagination options, among other things.

The fancy hover popup is javascript/css.  The EQ item popups is javascript from Allakhazams (freely available for anyone to use).

The rest is HTML/CSS and some final PHP snipets for randomizing the index screenshots. 

GENERAL PROCESS:

Each expansion has an associated script.

The script performs a series of MYSQL Queries on the EQDKP database (where we store our DKP/Raid information).

The queries are a mix of specific raid events (for working out hidden flags), and items (for actual key/flag items).

The script then works the logic to process each player and their related hidden flags/items depending on the expansion.

As the logic processes, data entries are placed in a multidimensional array in memory for accessing later as our output.

For the output, we access our array above, build our table and capture the output to a html file that gets accessed when you request the related page.

BENEFITS:

There's no maintenance required with this system.  The scripts will run twice a day to keep updated and build the tables.

I no longer have to maintain a post/table for each expansion (for anyone who knows tables, it's total trash doing them by hand).

Thanks everyone for raiding with Freelance and helping others share in that experience!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:55:03 AM by Furro »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Re: Freelance Flag Progression Tracker
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »
RAR I like it, especially the dynamic search filter