Author Topic: now that freelance is in sep what is next  (Read 4331 times)

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
now that freelance is in sep what is next
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=201.30

1. what is next??
    a. continue to farm sep till all raiders are T4 geared
    b. will we farm T3 events still: The King of the Beasts // 2.Time and Tides // 3.Two Sides of the Stone
The only hard day was yesterday

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Re: now that freelance is in sep what is next
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:44:05 AM »
Ramelorn,

Thanks for the interest!  According to the thread you linked:
Current Objectives

Rain of Fear - Tier 1 Progression.

Veil of Alaris - Sepulcher Progression

Secondary Objective

Special events like Anniversary raids, Living Legacy for AUGs.

We will continue to progress through Sepulcher (we've won Sep 1-3 as of the time of this writing), so we still have Sep 4-5 to win (and 5 is almost like 2 raids in 1).  And, while we farm Shard's Landing, Kael, and Crystal Caverns raids on a regular basis, we have yet to attempt the final Rain of Fear - Tier 1 raid, Eastern Wastes.  So there is still progression in RoF-T1 yet to do.

As for the other items you mentioned:

a) gear is never really an objective; it is simply a means to help progress through content.  In addition, many casting classes have much less interest in VoA gear, since the focus on these items decays above level 95.  (This is borne out by reviewing the Sep armor drops and seeing who bids on them.)

b) the primary (and nearly sole) reason we were doing VoA-T3 raids was to help progress individuals on the Book of Legends.  However, the number of pigs for the Sepulcher raids has dropped dramatically as of late, because many pigs are now flagged 5/5, and because Sepulcher raids accelerate the flagging process (they count more on the book).  At this juncture, there are no plans to revisit VoA T3/T4 raids.

Our primary focus though at this time is beating Sepulcher and beating Eastern Wastes.  Our secondary goal is farming the events in RoF-T1/Sepulcher 1-3, and this supports our primary focus:  There are hidden flags for Eastern Wastes (reportedly requiring the CC/Kael raids), so we like to do those so as not to have pig issues / campfire Mickey Mouse time when we do EW; and Sep 1-3 are required each weekend so we can get back into Sep 4.

Does that help answer the question, Ramelorn?  PM or /tell me or Furro if not, we'll be happy to chat.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »
Since Sep 4/5 is a separate instance, do we need to take down Sep 1-3 every week, or can we go straight to Sep 4 now that we've beaten the others at least once?

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
Please do not take my previous post as advocating that we skip Sep 1-3 from now on.  I was just curious if we could.  I suggest that we keep doing Sep 1-4 for at least a few more weeks, even if we beat Sep 5.  There are rings with Ancestral Memories III clickies that are available for 200 Bronze Fiats.  16% overhaste is a nice DPS boost that never gets old.  AM III has been around since Seeds of Destruction, yet Sony has not introduced AM IV, so I think these rings will be good for awhile.  I think Borean has been on most of the successful Sep events, and he has 120 Bronze Fiats.  2 or 3 more clears could get them for most of the regular raiders.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 03:28:56 PM »
Borean,

My lack of answering was that I couldn't find any literature or writeup that confirms or denies what you suggest.  And, because we had already done Sep 1-3 by the time I read it, I could not test it myself, because I had the necessary lockouts.

I plan on testing it this week when the lockouts for 1-4 drop off my DZ list to see if I can request Sep 4 or not without having done Sep 1-3, and confirm.  My suspicion is that I won't be able to get Sep 4 without the Sep 1-3 lockouts, but I will test to be sure.

Ssark

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »
I just want to confirm, that as expected, I cannot request either the Sep 3 or Sep 4-5 instance without the Sep 1-2 lockouts.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »
Ssark,
Thanks for satisfying my curiousity.