General Public > Upcoming Events & Strategy

RoF - Breeding Grounds - Velishan's Revenge

(1/2) > >>

Furro:
Breeding Grounds - Velishan's Revenge

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Breeding Grounds

NPC Name: Witherweaver
NPC Location: North side of the treasure pillar in the "fear" part of the zone (northern-most area of the zone, loc: 1500, 130, -34).

Keyword to Enter: Willing

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: NoneEvent Key: NoneGroup Mission: NoneEvent Flags: High Priest Syltetzalvek (Shard's Landing raid)  Danela's Stand (Crystal Caverns raid)  The Madness of King Tormax (Kael Drakkel raid)  Zeixshi-Kar's Shard" (Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening raid) 

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

Velishan changes forms.  Each form represents an element (Magic, Disease, Fire, Ice, Stone).  Each has an associated AE.

Each element provides immunity to Velishan, but at the same time she becomes VULNERABLE to another element.

Velishans form changes based on how MUCH VULNERABLE DAMAGE is done to her.

Too  much of an immune damage will cause Velishan to power up (100k per hit).

Velishan will power up the longer we take to defeat her.

Warning:  Do not dispell Veliash.  Certain debuff lines reduce resists and/or have stacking conflicts that will prevent her Scales of X buff from landing resulting in her powering up with 100k hits.  Covering a few areas to watch below, please note/test/report any others and we'll adjust going forward.

ENCHANTERS: Do not use Arcane Disjunction Aura.  Stacking conflicts with Scales of Magic (on Dragon), resulting in Velishan to power up (100k hits)

WIZARDS:  Do not use Arcomancy.  The magic debuff portion has stacking conflicts with Scales of Magic (on Dragon).  Scales not landing causes Velishan to power up (100k hits)

DRUIDS: Your Summers line (Fire/Ice), have a PRISMATIC CHECK as well, and this will cause immunity failures during MAGIC forms.

MELEE: Watch your PROC AUGS.  Certain types of damage will work against us

CASTERS: Watch your SYMPATHETIC PROC AUGS.  Ie, Disease proc will work against us during Scales of Disease form.

Please watch /rs for element vulnerabilities please.  React to MA calls as request.

Any questions, please ask in the FLRaids:raids channnel.  Thanks

FORM IMMUNITY TO VULNERABLE ASSOCIATIONS
 COLORIMMUNEVULNERABLEBlack?MagicDiseaseunknownDiseaseMagicRedIceFireGreenFireIceBronze?Stone (melee)Spell vulnerable

FORM AEs

MAGIC Terror Fear (single-target).  Paladin splashes please.  Also posisbly stuns during this form.(black color)Stun: Stun (single-target).    DISEASEPutrid Breath: VIRAL 38k DoT + 3k ENDURANCE DRAIN (80 disease counters cures, 10 RNG Targets, 50' range viral spread)  Vile Plague: VIRAL 47k DoT (80 disease counters cures, 10 RNG Targets, 50' range viral spread)    ICEFrost Shock: 59k DD + STUN (Targeted AE)    FIREFlame Lick: 55k AE DD + 8k MANA DRAIN.  Lava Blast: 61k (Targeted AE, 80')    STONEUnknown

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory
ALL Mandatory Setup

GTT All in one puppy: bg-velishan-vulns.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.

Paladins, Clerics, Druids, Shaman

Healers download the viral triggers please in addition to the above set.

When trigger fires:

Healers use: RC AA, Group Heal/Cures.  It'll take two casts at least.

Paladins: Splash and group heal to top off and help augment the curing for healers.

04-21-2013 Viral GTT Updated Set: bg-velishan-virals.gtt (for Paladin, Clerics, Druids, Shaman)

Maglor:
Far as I am concerned, all you need is to know the colors of Velishan and what they mean.  Know that, Velishan is easy.

Furro:

--- Quote from: Maglor on April 13, 2013, 03:22:50 AM ---Far as I am concerned, all you need is to know the colors of Velishan and what they mean.  Know that, Velishan is easy.

--- End quote ---

The colors seem obvious so far.  The triggers are additional help to focus the raid on the proper vulnerable element.

Overall, we won on the first attempt.  But I can easily see it powering up if we're distracted eating pie for example. 

Furro:
Velishan Colors to Vulnerabilities

Based on attempts last night.  Here's the colors so far.  Once we get used to the colors it'll become second nature.

COLORIMMUNEVULNERABLEBlack?MagicDiseaseunknownDiseaseMagicRedIceFireGreenFireIceBronze?Stone (melee)Spell vulnerable

Trigger Changes & Fixes

* DELETE YOUR OLD VELISHAN TRIGGERS BEFORE IMPORTING THIS NEW SET

New & Fixed Trigger Set: bg-velishan-vulns.gtt

Additional Adjusts

* Prepped delegated /rs callers for damage types: Rnani, Feroxide
* Keep Velishan away from edges to prevent knockback off into lava and death
* Watch /rs calls please and react to trigger alerts if/when they fire for improper damage type

Furro:

Event Adjusts

Needling through the logs on this last night, I believe we're focusing too much effort on what NOT to do.

What I want everyone to focus on is the VULNERABLE Damage.  If you cannot do the vulnerable damage, don't worry about it, just keep doing what you're doing and only stop if your trigger fires telling you to do so.

I believe by reducing our duration in any given color; we'll reduce the culmination of AE's that is happening.  Everyone remember last night with the fear and how it was steadily increasing the longer we remained in magic.   Stop that from happening by making it change color by applying the vulnerable damage.

PS:  I do not see any reference in the logs to Velishans enrage emote, which is the indicator that we've done too many wrong things.  This is why I believe it was our timid approach after a few wipes that has lead to the AE's eventually overwhelming us. 

Viral Trigger Addition

Also need everyone to add the following two triggers to reduce the viral spreading and damage we're taking.

bg-velishan-virals.gtt

When the trigger fires, RUN AWAY, or you'll infect others.

Velishan targets several people each time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version