General Public > Upcoming Events & Strategy

RoF - Breeding Grounds - A Feast for Zalikor

(1/2) > >>

Furro:
Breeding Grounds -  A Feast for Zalikor

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Breeding Grounds

NPC Name: Eyska Va`Ker
NPC Location: End of the tunnel that extends from the zone's western-most cavern (loc: 415, 500, 27)

Keyword to Enter: Ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: NoneEvent Key: NoneGroup Mission: NoneEvent Flags: High Priest Syltetzalvek (Shard's Landing raid)  Danela's Stand (Crystal Caverns raid)  The Madness of King Tormax (Kael Drakkel raid)  Zeixshi-Kar's Shard" (Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening raid) 

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

For this event, the dragon Zalikor is active on the GROUND area or in the AIR, based on its health.

Around the room are ramps which lead to platforms, and each has an AURA.  While in the aura we gain a boost to certain damage (cold, fire, magic, power/range and so forth).

Only ONE group (6 players), is allowed per platform.

Remaining groups available will be assigned to specific platforms that spawn ADDS.

Surrounding lava in event area damages 10k per tick.

Depending on your assigned area, please assist your MA as we RANGE DPS Zalikor forcing it to the air back to the ground repeatedly.

ZALIKOR IN AIR

Takes flight at: 90%, 59%, 29%

Damage AURA starts on GROUND.  Do not be on the ground when Zalikor is flying, or you will die.   Use the ramps to retreat to your assigned platform.

Cursed whelp ADDS spawn from the eggs on certain platforms.  Assigned groups, you must kill them quickly, or Zalikor absorbs them and heals.

ONLY players IN AURAS can damage Zalikor.  Only those assigned to an AURA apply to this area.

Throughout the event, Zalikor warns before AE'ing at a particular PLATFORM AURA.  Any players in the aura must MOVE OUT OF IT or be KNOCKED INTO THE LAVA (10k damage per tick).  After the AE fires, it is safe to return to the aura.

Zalikor POWERS UP the longer it is in the air when it  lands back on the ground.  In addition, it will randomly start to DT players.

ZALIKOR ON GROUND

Starts on the ground at 100%.  Lands at: 79%, 49%, 19%

When Zalikor is on the ground, it does a FRONTAL KNOCKBACK.

Randomly summons players to PURPLE CRYSTAL and aura in middle of room.  Player turns into a DRAKE with a massive DoT.  CURE by RUNNING 130 feet in any direction.

GROUND to AIR  -- AIR to GROUND

Between Zalikor either taking flight or landing, there's a DELAY and EMOTE when it is about to happen.  This is to GIVE US TIME TO REACT.

EVERYONE - When Zalikor takes flight, we have 6 - 12 seconds before the ground DD aura kicks in.  Get to your assigned ramps/platforms immediately please.

MAIN TANKS - When Zalikor lands, you have 6 to 12 seconds to get down there into position to tank it again (it warps to purple crystal).  If you're late, it'll start randomly summoning people.

MAIN TANKS - Be mindful of the knockback.  Zalikor is leashed to the event area, with lava as boundaries.  Do not leash it, or it may reset HP.

Any questions, please ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Platforms - Aura & Adds

Add following to EQ directory/maps/breedinggrounds_1.txt:

--- Code: ---P 714.6077, -911.3725, -58.4100, 0, 0, 240, 2, COLD_AURA
P 742.7405, -799.9087, -39.9400, 0, 0, 240, 2, CHROMATIC/PRISMATIC_AURA
P 576.6707, -625.3662, -29.5146, 0, 0, 240, 2, MAGIC_AURA
P 302.2020, -939.6352, -62.1588, 0, 0, 240, 2, DISEASE/POISON_AURA
P 384.1714, -609.7662, -63.0402, 0, 0, 240, 2, RANGED/POWER_AURA
P 565.9908, -1110.8364, -62.3940, 0, 0, 240, 2, FIRE_AURA

--- End code ---

* Or download breedinggrounds_1.txt and put in maps directory (includes other static zone spawns).

Helpful images:

1) Overall map: Overall
2) Upper Level Map Only: Upper

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory
ALL Mandatory Setup

These emotes require FAST REACTIONS.  Do not hesitate when emoted, react immediately!

GTT All in one puppy: rof-bg-zalikor.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.

Linyeniel:
Spear of Blistersteel MAG/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 24460 

spell icon Gosik's Fire WIZ/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 19028
Ethereal Hoarfrost WIZ/99 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 23156   

I say put the mages on Fire....! Wizards on Cold....! 

But what do I know?

Ssark:

* GTT updated for ice/cold fix.
* How about mages on magic?  Discuss, I am not an expert at all on int caster boom boom. :)
* Also, if anyone has evidence of the trigger for the disease/poison island, let me know.  I didn't have time to go check it out.

Furro:

--- Quote from: Linyeniel on April 14, 2013, 04:45:47 AM ---Spear of Blistersteel MAG/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 24460 

spell icon Gosik's Fire WIZ/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 19028
Ethereal Hoarfrost WIZ/99 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 23156   

I say put the mages on Fire....! Wizards on Cold....! 

But what do I know?

--- End quote ---

My intention was to put mages on Magic, but mistakenly had the key set to ICE (cold).  I've fixed the key for next time.

Side note: not just Wizards and Mages are great on Fire, but Necros are as well.  But our makeup varies, so there will be times mages will end up assigned to Fire.

Overall, the concepts were still played out (platform Auras), and that gave us the opportunity to acclimate.

Linyeniel:

--- Quote from: Ssark on April 14, 2013, 12:29:33 PM ---
* Also, if anyone has evidence of the trigger for the disease/poison island, let me know.  I didn't have time to go check it out.
--- End quote ---

I created this trigger and it worked during the fight:

Zalikor directs his fiery breath toward the aura of disease

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version