Author Topic: Freelance Helpers Needed!  (Read 2643 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Freelance Helpers Needed!
« on: February 20, 2009, 08:16:25 PM »

Freelance Helpers!

In order to progress Freelance into SoF, we need to expand upon it's regular raid force and provide structure.   There are two main components which will help accomplish these goals.  These components are DKP and Team Leaders.

On the DKP side, I've introduced a system that is fair, opens the doors for newcomers and supports regular attendees.

I wish to address the Team Leader aspect in a similiar fashion to how the DKP system was designed.  That is, by opening the opportunity to everyone.  Therefore, Freelance is currently seeking individuals interested in helping out during raids.  No specific class or experience in this type of position is required.  If interested, either reply to this thread, or send me a tell in game.  Thanks!

Team Leader Positions

I'll use our raid channel grouping as a starting point.  Since I've setup these channels to cover three main roles during raids, they require the most attention at the moment.  However, there are other roles available if anyone is interested outside these.

1       2       3      
POSITIONS        CLASSES        
HealersCleric, Druid, Shaman, Necro
TanksWarrior, Paladin, Shadowknight
Crowd ControlEnchanter, Bard, Shadowknight, Ranger, Druid
* Be aware:  You do not need to be of a particular class, in order to lead that area.  Multiple people can fill any given area.

Team Leader Duties

These are light duty positions.  I've designed them this way so they don't require much beyond the scope of volunteer work.  The list below covers the three main areas in a broad sense.

Healer Team Leader
  • Assign specific healers for Main Tanks, Offtanks, when applicable
  • Positioning of healers for AE mechanics and other related details
  • Reminders for DI on specific tanks
  • Setup or delegation of someone to work MGB's.
Tank Team Leader
  • Assign Main Tanks, Offtanks, and all related tank activity on a per event basis.
  • Explain for each event, which mobs are mezzable, non-mezzable, and general event mechanics tanks need to be aware of.
  • Positioning of tanks
CC Team Leader
  • Assign CC to different aspects of an event.
  • Explain which mobs are mezzable and non-mezzlabe, kitable etc,.
  • Brief any other details of the event related to CC.

- Furro

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:17:10 PM by Furro »

Qonamderlo

• Slacker
  • Crazy Ranger "CC"
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Schradermc
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance Helpers Needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:39 AM »
Wouldn't mind being the Tank or the CC Team leader, both are fields i have experiance in with other raid teams. have lead heals before as well as a raid leader but do not feel it to be my strong point, but if needed i can step up for that or any role.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Freelance Helpers Needed!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »
Wouldn't mind being the Tank or the CC Team leader, both are fields i have experiance in with other raid teams. have lead heals before as well as a raid leader but do not feel it to be my strong point, but if needed i can step up for that or any role.

Sounds good.  Drop me a tell in game when you have a moment.

- Furro