Poll

What day(s) are you available to raid?

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Raid Schedule Review  (Read 5894 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Raid Schedule Review
« on: June 12, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »

Everyone once in a while, we have to review our current raiding schedule.  As many of you know, factors both in game and in real life (holidays, seasons etc), affect our turnout.  Overall, our attendance ebbs and flows with the times.  As such, just as we have in the past, we have to adapt our schedule based on what works for the masses.

What I need from everyone is to reflect on your play schedule and availability.  Honestly answer the poll as to which days you are available to attend Freelance raids.

This poll is for DAYS.  If you feel we need to adjust our start times, reply to this thread.  Based on feedback, I'll put up another poll for TIMES.

Feel free to reply also to this thread with your thoughts regarding our raid schedule or anything else you feel can contribute to increasing our attendance, or improve Freelance raids in general.  I'm always open to suggestions and constructive criticism.  You can't offend me, so no worries, I don't take any comments personally.

PS:  Yes, you have to register on the forums to vote in the poll.  It's not a big deal to register and takes 1 minute.  So if you're serious about raiding with Freelance, take the moment and register and vote.  It's up to you.

Thanks everyone for your support.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:39:27 PM by Furro »

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
Re: Raid Schedule Review
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:29:47 AM »
OK .. putting feedback here .. i did send a pm to furro but then read what he wrote again and saw he was allowing feedback .. i voted for our current days becuase they do work best with my strange schedule and also becuase COP normaly holds raids on sunday and monday ..

as far as times go the times already work for me they are same times as cop raids and i think are a good time slot.
servant of the circle of prophets

Axum

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
My problem is my work schedual doesnt allow me to stay up too late, and usually the raids dont get done until around 10pm my time and I have to get up as 3am. The best I can do is make it for the first encounter. 

Poddo

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
Well due to my current schedule   Thursdays are probably my more consistent day.   Weekends are sometimes good sometimes bad depending on  what  real life event happens.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:42:01 AM »
OK .. putting feedback here .. i did send a pm to furro but then read what he wrote again and saw he was allowing feedback .. i voted for our current days becuase they do work best with my strange schedule and also becuase COP normaly holds raids on sunday and monday ..

as far as times go the times already work for me they are same times as cop raids and i think are a good time slot.

I always welcome feedback (and pie!).

Each individual that attends our raids has a voice regardless of their guild association.  Therefore, ALL days must be available as an option in the poll, and our raid nights determined based on the results of democratic voting.

- Furro

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:55 AM »
My problem is my work schedual doesnt allow me to stay up too late, and usually the raids dont get done until around 10pm my time and I have to get up as 3am. The best I can do is make it for the first encounter. 

I understand completely where you're coming from here Axum.  We greatly appreciate when you're able to make our raids, and the contribution to the team as a result.   Thanks again for making your voice heard by voting and replying here.

- Furro

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »
Well due to my current schedule   Thursdays are probably my more consistent day.   Weekends are sometimes good sometimes bad depending on  what  real life event happens.

On the weekend front, you're not alone there.  I believe everyone understands RL commitments take priority.  As always, we appreciate your active attendance on our raids, as well as your contribution to the team.  Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to vote.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 11:05:59 AM »
I voted for all seven days.  Not helpful, I know, except that I have no other 'raid' schedule and since we're usually done by 11pm, I can get up for my usual 8-4:30pm Eastern work schedule.  If we run late, I just leave between targets when I need to, and I like that FL is good with that.

I'd like to have at least one raid on a weekend night (Fri-Sat), if only because I can stay up late.

Summertime is always tough... there are a lot of vacations, the sun is warm and stays up late, and lots of other fun things to do besides eat pie and mash pumpkins (not sure what those other fun things are, but I hear people talk about them).  The Hack didn't help either, as folks like me got pulled into other games like Starcraft 2.

Ssark

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »

I noticed alot more votes cast in the last couple days.  I'm keeping the poll open for a little longer to ensure everyone has had a chance to vote.

In the meantime, I tentatively scheduled our normal days for this upcoming week.

Jackl

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
I'm sorta mostly back again, voted for the days I usually raid, likely be  late thurs-fri-mon however

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »

Friday and Saturday do appear to still be our higher turnout nights, and that's reflective of the polling here.  Although Thursday is a close tie with Sunday in the poll, it's too close to make a decision on which days would pan out the best for us currently.  In addition, the numbers obviously don't reflect our actual turnouts, as not everyone has voted.  The purpose still remains to get an idea of the general raiding days that work best to see if we're on the right track for scheduling raid nights.

For now, let's stick with Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

On Thursdays, we can take requests for raid targets, or devote time to grouping efforts if we're below minimum on numbers for a raid.  Either way, there are targets available to us, even some UF targets that we can hit with low numbers (Fippy/Masked Invaders), and hitting those on slower nights does leave a bigger window for WIP events on Friday/Saturday when we're sporting a higher turnout.

Friday & Saturdays: Higher turnouts usually, and this is when we usually do our push on new events and/or targets that demand higher numbers.

Thanks again for voting!

Furro