Author Topic: Interesting raid vs group  (Read 4079 times)

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Interesting raid vs group
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
I'm kind of posting for someone else (and maybe he'll read this and actually write down the stats), but I found it very interesting that UF raid (Palladium) hand armor still beats VoA group hands (T2, Sarith) by a fair amount in AC, in particular a pair of paladin gloves.  HEM the VoA stuff is better, sure, but what tanks really need is solid AC.

I get it, that raid gear has better AC and heroics than group gear.  But UF is not one, but two expansions behind VoA, and it's not the Convo T4 raid stuff either.  And it's still better in certain stats.  That's amazing.

My feeling was similar to seeing a linked ring from T2 VoA in FLRaids chat, and, checking my own rings, noticing the heroic strength is just so low, it looked no better that HoT heroics.  It was kind of sad to see stuff from T2 VoA and say, um, and...?  (That said, I was lucky enough to get a new weapon which definitely has a better ratio than T4 HoT, so it's not all Ssark-rain-on-the-parade.)

Before you say, Ssark, you're just disrespecting all group gear, don't get me wrong, I still wear a lot of it because it's what I have, it was easier to get, and it'll do nicely as it is.  I hit DPS parses just fine in fully decked out T4 HoT gear, so there's nothing wrong with it! :)

To many of you, this revelation is a /yawn, because you've been raiding a long time.  I, however, really just started raiding (Plane of Time years ago doesn't count now), and it just hits you how different the raid gear is even from two expansions ago.

In any case, enjoy playing the new content, and after a few deaths to the same rare spawn over and over, it felt just like raiding Creation...  ::)

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
Re: Interesting raid vs group
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »
There are many cases where this is true ...heck I complain all the time that certain new still isnt a good enough up grade from sod even loot

The fact is if you are looking at just your hp and mana you are going to loose on your gear to get the most out of it you gotta know how to take every stat into consideration ..your going to find old stuff may just be best on a particular item for good reason
servant of the circle of prophets

Viric

• Slacker
  • some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:11:47 PM »
I am that someone and here are the stats. Raid gauntlets have 4 more AC but the group gauntlets have better Heroic Agility.
Palladium Lightguard Gauntlets
Underfoot T6 Raid drop
Slot: HANDS
Purity: 75
AC: 144
STR: +40+10 DEX: +30+9 STA: +25+14 CHA: +26+16 WIS: +26+6 INT: +15+1 AGI: +30+4 HP: +1325 MANA: +1260 ENDUR: +1270
SV FIRE: +30 SV DISEASE: +77 SV COLD: +41 SV MAGIC: +83 SV POISON: +41
Combat Effects: +13 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +4% Avoidance: +3 Accuracy: +15 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +3% DoT Shielding: +5% Attack: +50 HP Regen +6 Mana Regeneration: +3 Clairvoyance: +38 Spell Damage: +11 Damage Shield Mitigation: +1 Heal Amount: +13
Required level of 85.
Class: PAL

Formal Gauntlets of the Zealot
VoA T2 Group drop
Slot: HANDS
Purity: 50
AC: 140
Skill Add DMG: Bash +8
STR: +41+6 DEX: +43+8 STA: +41+9 CHA: +19+4 WIS: +20+4 INT: +16+1 AGI: +15+8 HP: +1620 MANA: +1565 ENDUR: +1575
SV FIRE: +27 SV DISEASE: +46 SV COLD: +38 SV MAGIC: +45 SV POISON: +44
Combat Effects: +8 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +3 Accuracy: +5 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +1% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +40 HP Regen: +2 Mana Regeneration: +2 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: 31 Spell Dmg: 14 Heal Amount: 14
Recommended level of 92. Required level of 87.
Class: PAL

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »
www.raidloot.com has a compare feature for armor sets. The new stuff isnt all there yet,but some is.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »
www.raidloot.com has a compare feature for armor sets. The new stuff isnt all there yet,but some is.

Armor Sets is the direct link for those interested.

Select your class, and Powersource.  Then select multiple sets by holding down the CTRL key, and clicking each set you're interested in comparing.  It'll table it all for you.

The important thing to remember when comparing sets is to compare the overall totals (at the bottom of the compare is the final total calcs).

* Be aware:  VoA T1 Raid (Modest) is missing database entries.  So if you select this and you're wondering why the total is way off, that's why.

Either way, I use this tool for comparing sets, and determining gear paths for visibles.

As with anything, some classes will benefit more from raid gear in prior expansions.  Whereas, others relying more on focii will favour current content be it raid or group.  However, for non-visible slots, there are various upgrades still spread across multiple expansions for the entire range of classes imo.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
BTW my amazement continues.  Some of the heroics off the HoT Tick Tock raid last night blow away any VoA group stuff.  And that TT raid, despite a blown engage (me), somewhat rough clock, low DPS, minimum number of tanks, few healers... we still got it done.

I know for spellcasters the foci on the VoA group stuff is important since it goes to 95, but understand those heroics and the AC are still really impressive for melee and tanks.  And as stated before, we're not all T3 or T4 VoA farmers yet...

Rock on FL!

Ssark