General Public > Enchanter

Enchanter DPS & ADPS

<< < (2/3) > >>

Furro:

Thanks for taking the time to write up a comprehensive DPS/ADPS post, gotcharm! :)

--- Quote from: gotcharms on September 02, 2018, 10:48:52 PM ---
I generally encourage Enchanters to take control of their group's ADPS coordination if no one else does. Understanding how your group burns and why they want things at certain times is a huge part of being a good Enchanter.

--- End quote ---

This is a good point.  Regardless whether it's an Enchanter in group taking the lead, I think group members having a quick pow-wow during prep/downtime is useful.

Debuffs - Assign one Enchanter to keep Deluding Constriction on whatever the big bad boss you're fighting is. Work a Mental Contortion rotation if you have 3 Enchanters for 100% uptime. Assign one Enchanter (usually the newest one) to cast Demolished Consciousness (this is a level 97 spell) on the big bad boss in order to proc Somnolence. The spell itself doesn't matter, just the Somnolence proc.

--- End quote ---

We do debuff assigns.  But to my knowledge, we don't currently do a rotation on MC.  Unless Enchanters have been working that out and I've overlooked the chat.  I'll try and make a mental note and ask our Enchanters.

I have a mostly updated GINA pack publicly available here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/file3.guildlaunch.net/518180/enchanter_trigs_4-3-2017.gtp

It's 34 Enchanter-specific triggers. This is not a "plug and play" package. It requires some setup because it makes heavy use of timers. This is the (old) example image I use to show where everything goes:

--- End quote ---

If you want, feel free to edit your post and attach the file.  In the event you rename/delete it on your AWS, it'll still be available for others here.

Raccoo:
One thing to add in this, and other ADPS classes, is to make sure you and your group members are close enough to receive the ADPS. It does no good if they are OOR of your super ADPS!

Rexa:
Thank you so much for these wonderful guides. I came back to game in Jan of 2019 after a 7+ year hiatus. Such guides, along with the guidance of my CL and other wonderful players, helped get me back on track. It took me maybe a little under a year to get my full reflexes back, and I still don't consider myself a perfect player by any means. However, I eventually developed some tricks of my own which I would like to share. I will avoid re-hashing too much of what Gotcharms said here. I have been approached often by other enchanters on the server that I have grouped with and on various open raids about how I do some things "so darn fast."

First and foremost, Composite Reinforcement and Mindrift should always be on cool-down (unless you're mezzing or have some other duties or are in a non-caster group of course). Mindrift with max Beguiler Synergy AAs procs Synergy for your group 100% of the time, and additionally has a chance to proc haze on top of it. Synergy adds 55% to the base damage of one fire, magic or ice spells that your caster DPS group members cast.

A multi-bind key is the answer to always keeping Composite Reinforcement and Mindrift on cool-down with less effort. Please review my two attachments to this post. For sake of following along, I am using the first 4 spell-gems slots as well as the first 4 slots on my Hotbar 1. As you can see, I have my "G" keyboard key bound to use my first four Hotbar 1 slots. It is important that the spells on the Hotbar slots are in the correct order of: Composite Reinforcement -> Mindrift -> Mindslash -> Pulmonary Grip.

The reason I use such a multi-bind is that:
a) I never have to worry about hitting separate buttons for my dissident and mindrift spells to keep them on cooldown/greyed-out
b) Alliances are easier to manage... since again, I never have to worry about casting things separately
c) You are casting at a HIGHER rate than manually clicking or using social keys with spell casts. If you are prone to lag, you'll also notice a drastic improvement. Think about the time it takes for you to drag your little mouse cursor from some end of your screen to another!

You can additionally make another multi-bind key, if you fancy, for: Composite Reinforecement -> Mindrift -> Pulmonary Grip -> Pulmonary Grip
and have it on a different hotbar, let's say Hotbar 2. This one is extremely situational and usually when you're not trying to fulmigate/run alliance. Unfortunately, it's also far more mana-intensive. Works better for adds/trash that die fast.

I should note that mashing a multi-bind key does not entirely exclude you from manual casting. You still are very much responsible for continuing to stare at your Composite and Mindrift gems to make sure they are greyed out before casting miscellaneous things inbetween that you may need to do - at which point you stop mashing the multi-bind key. I am usually pretty slick about when I cast personal dots (like Mindcoil) and rebuffing people that send me tells in order to maintain the highest amount of Dissident and synergy procs as possible. This is more of my play-style (an opinion if you wish). My general spell casting may look something like this:

Composite
Mindrift
Mindslash
Pulmonary Grip

Composite (probably still on cooldown)
Mindrift
Mind Coil
Pulmonary Grip

Mindrift
Mindslash
Pulmonary Grip

Mindrift
Mindslash
Pulmonary Grip

Composite
Mind Rift
Rebuffing some dude with Haste that sent me a tell
Pulmonary Grip

... so you kind of get the drift where I'm going with this. Hope this helps!

Faldyarr:
so how ive taken the above is as follows

if its a burn off the start fight i cast
Tash, Slow, push my hotkey which casts Dico, Improved Twincast, Illusions of Grandur, Robe Clicky, Mindslash, Chromatic Haze, Mindrift

if a burn later, skip the tash and slow part.

my normal dps is pushing a single button which is multibound to spells gems that are in the following order, dico, minddrift, mindslash, pulminary grip (spells gems that all are bound to same key, the game will cast only one spell, and will cast which ever spell gem is up that is lower (gem 1, gem 2 etc)

my spells for crusader are as follows
tash
dico (composite reinforcement)
minddrift
mindslash
Pulminary grip
legion of cekenar
devisers auspice
haste
clarity
poly rune
shield of destiny
mana rep aura
charm

obviously for other raids that last spell gem can be changed to whatever, and if the 2 spell guards arent needed for the raid they can be changed to something else the particular raid needs.

unless we have 4 enchanters present alliance is pretty useless but that multibind will allow it to fulminate if we have enough enchanters present.

Rexa:
Let me clarify something for your Faldyarr.

Mindrift, Mindslash and PG are ALL important for your group aDPS. You will not have any downtime casting a spell on refresh.

Mindrift will be the only spell that procs Synergy, but ALL 3 spells have a chance to proc Gift of Hazy Thoughts. If you look at your Gift of Hazy Thoughts AA which is maxed out I assume, it even states that it's limited to level 90 spells and higher.

So casting one less spell means you are giving the group one less chance at Gift of Hazy Procs.

I haven't really parsed out using Mindrift, PG, PG. But that rotation will drain you out of mana faster if an event is taking forever to beat. The only upside with this rotation is that you can proc three 115 GoMs for the rest of the group rather than just two (since the 110 nuke only gives the 110 GoM instead).

Keep in mind that Mind Coil also gives Gift of Hazy Thoughts (i know the description in the AA says direct damage spells, but it works on Mind Coil as well). It also procs 115 GoM

In conclusion - the more dps spells you cast, the more aDPS you give the group. Just keep in mind that you must give top priority to keeping Composite/Dissident and Mindrift on cooldown as best as you can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version