Author Topic: New Troll here  (Read 4179 times)

Danite

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Troll here
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »
First i would like to say thank you for not being elitist jerks ... I think its awesome u guys post yer strats where all can see. I wish my guild family would move to join yer server so we could raid with u but that isn't going to happen  :'(

There are no open raids on our server ( povar ) sept when the top raid guild on the server does a sat night Open raid after they beat the latest content  .. I refer to yer site often  in hopes that where our guild is large enough we will be able to use yer strats to get started.

Have you all made plans to try ToV dragons or is that content to low for ya ? I've been checking for strats on the dragons  in hopes u would have something posted .

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Troll here
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »
Dante,

Circle of prophets or  COP has attempted  to do NToV dragons  on 1/13/2013 with 2  wipes and alot of added info obtained.

you may ingame email soe.eq.cazic.frostfox for more about this raid, as of yet Freelance has not tried this event  yet.
The only hard day was yesterday

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Dante!

It's unfortunate an open raid team doesn't exist on Povar.  Perhaps your own guild could start something along those lines?  Rally together some other casual guilds?  Just tossin it out there.

Our strats may serve as a starting point as you said, but every team is different, so I suspect you may have to make adjusts here and there depending on your team.

Have you all made plans to try ToV dragons or is that content to low for ya ? I've been checking for strats on the dragons  in hopes u would have something posted .

We have plans in the near future to include ToV into our schedule, but given we're primarily progression oriented, we are actively working to complete VoA while working on the progression series of raids in RoF. 

In the interim however, as the previous poster has mentioned, Circle of Prophets took a first look at ToV just this past Sunday.  From what I hear, their efforts were productive.

ToV is not a linear zone from what I understand, so given a raids setup or abilities, it's possible to pick and choose which dragons to tackle first.  This is something your team may wish to consider, as I've heard Aaryonar (first dragon) is one of the more challenging dragons.

Furro
Leader of Freelance

Danite

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
Thanks for the replys Ill check for CoP and see if they have any info posted .

CoS has the tankage  and about 15 dps classes  but are Lacking clerics about 5 of them  and shamans and druids to make any attempts ourselfs the leaders want a all or nothing kind of thing ether we can do it or we cant .

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »
As an aside, we often do raids with less than five clerics.  In fact, we've often done them with just 1 or 2, and won.  We make up for it in other ways, and as Furro mentioned, our class make-up is different each night, so we adjust raids each night depending on who's there.

Just trying to be encouraging here, but leaders need to understand you don't have to have the prescribed 8 clerics, 8 warriors and blah blah to attempt an event.  That's one of the best things about Freelance in my humble opinion, we do things in ways unexpected, but suit us well.

Ssark

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 04:46:18 AM »
wanted to reply hey there 8) yeah we have attempted twice at ntov and gained a lot of info about the events. our first attempts were on aay the big dragon up front .. as we haven't gone in with a full raid yet .. we made good progress and got the big guy down into the high 60's .. without a full raid i think that is great plus we learned a lot about his pathing pulls and positioning. we also learned how to by pass him if needed and do the other dragons. all in all .. very positive learning attempts 8)

we plan on doing this event agian this weekend as we didnt' have enough folks on .. during super bowl sunday lol .. imagine that 8) ..
but hope to see a lot of faces this sunday .. as we go after a few of the other dragons inside of NTOV .. 8)
servant of the circle of prophets

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »
* Just so it's clear, when Frostfox says "we," she means the Circle of Prophets "we."  Because this is the Freelance board, I didn't want someone else who is reading this to be confused.

-- SS