Author Topic: VoA - City of Bronze - The Order of Three  (Read 13732 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
VoA - City of Bronze - The Order of Three
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »

City of Bronze - The Order of Three

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Argath, Bastion of Illdaera

NPC Name: General Tyronith
NPC Location: Inside the Pinnacle council chambers (loc -25, 470, 9)

Keyword to Enter: ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flag: Record of Fables Level: 4/5
Alaran Language: None

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview and Strat

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

STAGE 1:
  • A miniboss is located in each corner of the city (NW, NE, SE, SW).
  • Each miniboss has a special ability, AE and all spawn adds at 25% HP intervals.  Additional adds can spawn for failure to cure properly.
  • Corner areas fire off a unique AURA that lands on many every minute or so.
  • Our objective is to muscle through the AURA/Debuff AE, as we kill each corner boss and adds while dealing with its related special, be it curing, directional AE etc.
STAGE 2:

For this stage, we deal with THREE bosses, High Priest Jerinos on the rooftop and various adds.

One of the three bosses powers up every 2 minutes, and becomes damageable.  When it POWERS DOWN, the entire group of its current target will be ported to the ROOFTOP to deal with HP Jerinos and archers.  When HP dies, the rooftop porting stops.  Archers do not respawn once killed.

A powered up boss hits for 25000; powered down version hits for only 3000.  Changes reset agro.  Each boss has a bag of tricks we must react to and overcome.

During this entire stage, 1 add spawns in EACH of the four corners every 2 minutes.  They must be killed before reaching the raid; stealing our pie and ruining our night.

GRAND ARCHON = West main raid area, RANGE DPS to avoid 90k DD + Knockback + Silence

CHIEF OFFICIAL PYNTARA - South corridor.  Run away when any Procedural Failure debuff lands on you.  Do not cast spells, or melee, it makes it worse (drains mana/procs DD).  Run away first before trying to detrimental cure (RCAA/etc).  Return when debuff gone.

ARCH CARNIFEX = North corridor.  Don't touch unless assigned to this one.  Only get on hatelist if/when MA calls.  This boss paths, and there's an AURA we must stand in to BLOCK Infinite Pain (100k DD).  Try your best to detrimental cure Bonds of Guilt (4k mana drain/20k DoT + stun).

STAGE 2 - CORNER ADDS:

Players assigned to this area, regardless of class, if you have the appropriate cure available related to your area, mem it and use it.  These will be slim group setups as we want to dedicate the bulk of our resources to the main raid and just keep pace killing these adds.

Someone take lead in each of these groups please, to help ensure cure/reactions is being done effectively.

NORTHEAST = Mem Poison cure.  Avoid backside against raptors.

NORTHWEST = Mem Curse cure, remove DoT before fade or else additional adds spawn.

SOUTHEAST = Range DPS Dervishes, except for Tank.  Selyrahs, avoid backside.

SOUTHWEST = Mem Disease cure, remove DoT before fade or else 50k DD + guppy adds spawn.
Any questions, please reply to this thread, and/or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Stage 1 - Four Towers

A miniboss is located in each corner of the city (NW, NE, SE, SW).

Each miniboss has a special ability, AE and all spawn adds at 25% HP intervals.  Additional adds can spawn for failure to cure properly.

Corner areas fire off a unique AURA that lands on many every minute or so.

Our objective is to muscle through the AURA/Debuff AE, as we kill each corner boss and adds while dealing with its related special, be it curing, directional AE etc.

Below is a brief rundown of each corner:

SOUTH EAST - Winly, Templar of Tides

SOUTH WEST - Vocalist Oolamar

NORTH WEST - Beastmaster Graw

NORTH EAST - Illuminator Trellivino

Stage 2 - More Bosses, Rooftop Adventure and Adds

For this stage, we deal with THREE bosses, High Priest Jerinos on the rooftop and various adds.

One of the three bosses powers up every 2 minutes, and becomes damageable.  When it POWERS DOWN, the entire group of its current target will be ported to the ROOFTOP to deal with HP Jerinos and archers.  When HP dies, the rooftop porting stops.  Archers do not respawn once killed.

A powered up boss hits for 25000; powered down version hits for only 3000.  However!  Each boss has a bag of tricks we must react to and overcome.

During this entire stage, 1 add spawns in EACH of the four corners every 2 minutes.  They must be killed before reaching the raid; stealing our pie and ruining our night.

GRAND ARCHON SOLIRAN

Spawns west.  When powered up becomes: Possessed Grand Archon Soliran)

Powered UP: Infinite Enforcement - 90k DD + Melee Silence + Knockback (100' range)

Powered DOWN: Enforcement - 65k DD + Knockback (50' range)

CHIEF OFFICIAL PYNTARA

Spawns south.  When powered up becomes: Governed Chief Official Pyntara

Powered UP:
    Consummate Clerical Error - Viral 100% SPELL SLOW, only effects PRIESTS (Cleric, Druid, Shaman).

Peerless Procedural Failure - Viral Debuff that procs a 5k MANA DRAIN (Mindshock) whenever a spell is cast, and a Melee Proc mod that procs a 5k DD on melee (Bodyshock).

Officious Rebuff - 400 DS (Self)
    [/list]
    Powered DOWN:
      Clerical Error - Viral 100% SPELL SLOW, only effects PRIESTS (Cleric, Druid, Shaman).

Procedural Failure - Viral Debuff that procs a 5k MANA DRAIN (Mindshock) whenever a spell is cast, and a Melee Proc mod that procs a 6k DD on melee (Bodyshock).[/list]

ARCH CARNIFEX WILO

Spawns north.  When powered up becomes: Ensorcelled Arch Carnifex Wilo

Powered UP:
        Bonds of Guilt - 20k DoT + 5k Mana Drain + Stun (PBAE, 200' range)

Infinite Pain - 100k DD + Stun + Blind (single-target, all on hatelist)[/list]
        * Infinite Pain is BLOCKED, by standing in the MOVING AURA called Dream Guard.  You have to keep moving as the aura moves to avoid being killed.

Powered DOWN: Nothing, just straight up melee hits.

Stage 2 - Corner Adds

• Assigned players be aware of the specific mob types for your area, and load the proper cures.
        • The cures are low counters, which means all sorts of classes can help cure, not just healers. 
        • Our setup for these corners will be as slim as possible to keep pace with the adds; allowing us to maximize our force at the main raid.
        NORTHEAST: bestial raptors and monstrious mounds

For mounds, use POISON CURE to remove: Deadly Sprouts DoT before it fades, or SUFFER: 40k DoT + Root (Sprouting Death)

For raptors, avoid the backside to not get hit by 30k DD + knockback.

NORTHWEST: dread lights

Use CURSE CURE to remove: Clinging Fire DoT before it fades, or SUFFER: Dervish adds spawn (Birth of Fire

SOUTHEAST: dervishes and selyrahs

Dervishes, all but tank, distance yourself to avoid the AE DD (30k PBAE DD, 50 range)

Selyrahs, avoid their backside (30k DD + Stun + knockback tail sweep)

SOUTHWEST: scavengers

Use DISEASE CURE to remove Parasitic Infestation DoT before it fades, or SUFFER: 50k DD + guppy adds spawn (Parasitic Explosion)

Note:  I'm missing a couple mobs, as we know two types spawn in each corner.  For now, just adapt/report if you notice a type not listed spawning in your assigned area.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

GTT All-in-One Puppy: voa-cob-trigs.gtt

Audio Files:

Alert5.wav
        infected-run-away.wav
        get-cured.wav
        move-away-from-the-back-side.wav

Arch Carnifex Wilo

100k DD + STUN + BLIND

You're not going to outrun this in under 10 seconds.  Instead, you must stand in the NPC AURA Dream Guard.  It'll protect you from both the 100k DD and Blind.

Position so that you always have one of the Dream Guard Aura NPCs in your line of sight; when trig fires, move to it real quick.  Easy! /em runs!

Note: They have visual spell/aura effects, so turning on those options to see them will help as well (ie, like Al`Kabor raid in HoT).

Warning Pattern: Once you bleed a little, I will boil off what little blood you have left!

AE: 100k DD + Stun + Blind (
        Infinite Pain single-target, all on hatelist)

Action: Stand in the NPC pathers AURA to protect you[/list]

20k DoT + 5k MANA DRAIN + STUN

When the emote fires, RUN AWAY!  Return once 10 seconds has elapsed (overlay timer with the trigger provided).

Positioning to be max distance helps, as you won't have to run as far to go beyond 200' range in order to avoid the AE.

Pattern: The blades come from the darkness to show you the wrongs you have done

AE: 20k DoT + 5k
        Mana Drain + Stun (Bonds of Guilt PBAE, 200' range)

Action: RUN AWAY[/list]

GTT Carnifex Triggers: voa-cob-carnifex-trigs.gtt

Audio Files:

runaway.wav

* carnifex-get-in-the-dream-guard-aura-now.wav

* Important - Read This: 

Carnifex triggers will fire often.  During prep, EDIT the TWO Carnifex ones above by adding a couple dashes (--'s) to the end of each pattern.  This will prevent them from firing (distracting you at the wrong time).

Once it comes time to kill Carnifex, remove the dashes.

We'll remind at the appropriate times as well.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:55:15 AM by Furro »

Borean

• Slacker
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        Re: VoA - City of Bronze - The Order of Three
        « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »
        Which trigger is supposed to use "infected-run-away.wav"?  I don't see that file on any of them.

Malcontent

• Slacker
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »
        Ok, stage 2 SE corner.
        Max hit on me was just over 14k and that only once.  Saw no dots or other specials.  Pretty straight forward melee/dps fight and should be doable by one healer one tank and one dps.  All mobs we saw popped exactly where the name had been during stage 1.  We only saw 5 or 6 mobs but didnt see anything to make me think that things were getting tougher over time.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
          • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
        NE had same experience.  Group was Luth+Land+Eris+Ssark.  Raptors and Mounds popped right where mini was each time, no issues with auras or AEs, and we stayed right about in that corner.

DPS and heals were enough.  Must keep an eye on poison DOT and simply splash or group cure often on the mounds.

Event DOES reset to Stage 2 after Stage 1 is complete, verified by zone walkthrough.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
        Me and Furro checked the routes taken by all the adds during Stage 2.  Found out there are exactly 4 paths, paths depend on where the mobs begin.  Map attached should show the pathing taken by the mobs.  I saw no evidence of any other pathing taken.

DOTS come from towers, towers are located where the mobs spawn.
        « Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:13:20 PM by Maglor »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
        Nice work, but...

There is definitely a second path taken in NE.  Luthernhamner and I saw it last night.  It heads straight south to the Sep courtyard, and we engaged it there.  Mobs #2 and #3 moved in the path you suggest.

I do not believe there is just a single path for each corner, but there may be only 2 or so.

In NE we also did not have an issue hanging out in the actual corner.  Also, removing the slower made it much more dicey (with just Ssark/Eris/Luth).

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        « Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
        I will admit, I saw no evidence of any alternate pathing by any of the mobs. (shrug).  I only know what I saw.  But I think this is strongly indicative.

Could be that once in a while an eastern mob moves elsewhere.  But I saw no evidence of it with anything I saw.  I am certain that none of the western mobs have variable routes.  I will however admit that the only mobs I saw from the NE were the Raptors.  It could be that the other mob from that corner goes the other route.
        « Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:19:28 PM by Maglor »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
        How long could you go before the event kicked you out for not engaging the center?  How many mobs did you actually see?

All I'm saying is, before making a definitive statement, we review other folks who may have seen something different.  That's of course why you post and get comments. :)

Certainly the path posted in the NW looks like what Endotron described last night.

If we simply take the paths, then we should have a backup plan for when one doesn't take that exact path and ends up at main raid.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        « Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »
        When I think about it, I saw both types of mobs following the pathing from the two western sites, but only one of each type from the eastern sites.

I was able to spot multiple mobs from each corner, however due to the long tracking nature from the east, I was not able to get back to the SE and NE corners to observe second spawns, I merely intercepted them along the route.

Based on this, I would judge that each type of mob has a specific route.  From the west, the routes are identical.  However, from the east, maybe not.

From what you observed, likely not.
        « Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:27:17 PM by Maglor »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:22:35 PM »
        I tried to respond to you PM, Maglor, but it said either the username was wrong (hard to believe since I replied) or you have me on ignore. :)

Here are my observations (to be integrated into a master list):

NE corner

Mob #1 = Raptor = pathed due south to Sepulcher Courtyard, we engaged, wish we would have let it go to see rest of path :)

Mob #2 = Mound = pathed from NE just like your diagram even the little twirl in the dead end room
        Mob #3 = Mound = also followed Mob #2 path

Very little data atm.

Also though in NE, we didn't have much trouble with aura.  For us, the easiest thing to do was to stay just outside the corner room and wait... but that won't show us the full paths and how we could be more efficient and maybe combine with out groups! :)

Ss

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
          • Email
        « Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
        I must have been logged off.  I know I do not have you on ignore.

I do want to get together, a group, to investigate this asap.  Furro and I devised a way.

Maybe the first mob from NE goes the courtyard route, the others go the route I tracked.  Want to investigate this.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
        ignore on the forum, Maglor.  When I go to respond to your PM here, it tells me I am not allowed. :)

Ssark

• Pie Thief
        • Truly Wakko
          • View Profile
          • Wakko on Wikipedia
          • Email
        « Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »

The NE problem
        So what was the problem in NE last night?  Maglor and I stayed after, and he'll have a new map shortly I think (he traced out the path).  But for now, the map below will help illustrate the problem:

The mobs in NE path two different ways, as illustrated.  The red dot is a location for the NE group for the following reasons:
        • The one path runs right over it, the other can be pulled via Hate's Attraction right down to the location.
        • It is out of any possibility of the continuing AE in the NE.  Other groups know this too, but if you get into the area where the colored flames are (quadrant if you like), there's a tasty little AE that screws with a group of just four people.
        • It also sees two paths to the south, and our understanding is that there is a possibility that SE corner adds can path up this way (very rarely), but this group can see that add and tackle it.

As soon as we move up that hall north toward the darker green path we're potentially in the AE again, although it doesn't always fire in the area.

So, given that what happened last night?

• First run, no problems actually, the main raid wiped.
        • Second run, we got nailed a few times with the Carnifex AE and the healer was killed.  He's being kited to our west, and the AE must have a fairly nice radius. 
        • Third run, one of us made the mistake of running too far north to get a mob, and as the pullers know, these mobs insta-summon and spin you (anti-kiting mechanics actually), so that trashed us.  To adjust for Carnifex AE, we shifted a bit to the east (into the little corner there), and that seemed to help, though pulling mobs down the north corridor was tough.  The Carnifex kiter also changed his kiting some, I believe.

Essentially, any of those groups (NE, NW, S) lose a healer or a tank, we wipe.  It's that simple.  As a raid we were light on flagged folks last night (and max pigs), so some of those kinds of issues will fade as more people become T4 flagged.

Anyway, we made some adjusts, and it's all correctable, and I think we're ready for the next run.

[/size]
        « Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:23:51 PM by Ssark »

Furro

• Global Moderator
        • Pies Anonymous
        • freelance raider
          • View Profile
        « Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »

Strong attempts on this last week.  We just need to adjust our approach further on Arch Carnifex, and react to the emotes properly.  Thanks those who provided feedback in this regard.

Arch Carnifex

ARCH CARNIFEX WILO

Spawns north.  When powered up becomes: Ensorcelled Arch Carnifex Wilo

Powered UP:
          Bonds of Guilt - 20k DoT + 5k Mana Drain + Stun (PBAE, 200' range)

Infinite Pain - 100k DD + Stun + Blind (single-target, all on hatelist)[/list]
          * Infinite Pain is BLOCKED, by standing in the MOVING AURA called Dream Guard.  You have to keep moving as the aura moves to avoid being killed.

Powered DOWN: Nothing, just straight up melee hits.

Added triggers related to the 10 second warning emotes tied to each specific AE above.

From the logs, these emotes appear to alternate every 50 seconds (100k DD one, then Mana Drain one).

100k DD + Stun + Blind

You're not going to outrun this in under 10 seconds.  Instead, you must stand in the NPC AURA Dream Guard.  It'll protect you from both the 100k DD and Blind.

Position so that you always have one of the Dream Guard Aura NPCs in your line of sight; when trig fires, move to it real quick.  Easy! /em runs!

Note: They have visual spell/aura effects, so turning on those options to see them will help as well (ie, like Al`Kabor raid in HoT).

Warning Pattern: Once you bleed a little, I will boil off what little blood you have left!

AE: 100k DD + Stun + Blind (
          Infinite Pain single-target, all on hatelist)

Action: Stand in the NPC pathers AURA to protect you[/list]

20k DoT + 5k MANA DRAIN + Stun

When the emote fires, RUN AWAY!  Return once 10 seconds has elapsed (overlay timer with the trigger provided).

Positioning to be max distance helps, as you won't have to run as far to go beyond 200' range in order to avoid the AE.

Pattern: The blades come from the darkness to show you the wrongs you have done

AE: 20k DoT + 5k
          Mana Drain + Stun (Bonds of Guilt PBAE, 200' range)

Action: RUN AWAY[/list]

Carnifex Triggers: voa-cob-carnifex-trigs.gtt

Audio Files:

runaway.wav

* carnifex-get-in-the-dream-guard-aura-now.wav

* Important - Read This: 

Carnifex triggers will fire often.  During prep, EDIT the TWO Carnifex ones above by adding a couple dashes (--'s) to the end of each pattern.  This will prevent them from firing (distracting you at the wrong time).

Once it comes time to kill Carnifex, remove the dashes.

We'll remind at the appropriate times as well.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:19:08 PM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
          • freelance raider
            • View Profile
            • Email
          « Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 04:27:21 AM »
          OK.  Posting and adding new, updated map.  The map is as accurate as I can make it, without knowing the alternate route of the SW spawn mobs.